User Tag List

Hi all, my first post here.

I have a 3g iphone with 2.2.1 - jailbreaked. Some necessary apps installed from cydia - amonst others statusnotifier and lockdown and pysl. I upgraded and jailbreaked it today to 3.0, worked perfectly. Before i did that, i made a backup. After jailbreaking, i restored the backup. After that, the problems started. I installed the above mentioned programs from cydia, and none of them works. I tried to uninstall, and then reinstall. Same result. The funny part is, that the settings from previously installed cydia apps (on 2.2.1) seem to have been backed up. I deduced that, since when starting lockdown, it asked for and accepted the password i had set before (and, then the program freeze). When a call was made, i got status notifications, even after i uninstalled statusnotifer. And when trying to reinstall pysl from icy, it mentions that there are files "left over", that prevents a successfull install.

So , I wonder

1. Is cydia apps and settings also backed up? How did my iphone otherwise know my password?

2. Are there files spread on the iphone, other than in the application folder (i installed openssh and used winscp to delete the files manually, didnt help). If so, how do i search for files related to (for example) pysl and delete them? I cant find any search method in winscp.

It would be great to get some tips on how to solve this, since i REALLY need those programs.

Best of wishes
    2009-06-20 10:30 PM
    There is a thread here on the forum of know apps that are not working with 3.0.
    that is your problem. They will be upgrading everything soon. You'll just have to bare with it for now unfortunately.
    Good luck.
    smaller sig.png
    2009-06-20 10:34 PM
    well, but still: How then did my iphone remember the password from previous install of lockdown?
    2009-06-20 10:40 PM