I have a previously jailbroken 3g iphone and I dropped it last week. Now the power button doesn't respond whatsoever. I want to upgrade to 3.0 and I am not interested in unlocking or anything like that, just jailbreaking. What can I do to accomplish this? I know apple is not going to fix the button because it is my fault for the damage. Is there a way I can put it in DFU mode without needing the button?

I have both a windows computer and a Mac. I have brainstormed about creating a custom ipsw on my mac and sticking it on the phone in restore mode. What can I do aside from pitching this phone in the river to finish it off? Thanks.
    2009-06-21 05:50 AM
    the button can be fixed, gonna be real hard to do without it cause as you know, it has to be able to enter DFU mode
    2009-06-21 05:53 AM
    I noticed that there is a program that will enable dfu mode via a windows a computer. here is the post by dejawoo: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...ml#post3254381 Could I do a shift+restore when it is in dfu mode via the program and upgrade it that way with a custom ipsw created from my mac with pwnage?
    2009-06-22 04:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD