Anyone that wants to help out, I set up a paypal account for it. I have already donated $35.00. If anyone can throw in a dollar or two it would be helpful. I just want my jailbreak so bad

Donate a iPhone 3GS
    2009-06-22 12:21 AM
    $25 here, happy to do it, for all the joy JB has given me
    2009-06-22 12:23 AM
    I'll donate as soon as my old 3G sells on eBay.

I realllllly miss the jailbreak. My phone just isn't the same without it.

The big problem is that just like the iPo touch 2G, there's a whole new applications processor, the S5L8920x.

As one would expect, every time there is a new jailbreak, Apple of course, does their best to patch it. The big issue is, every time there's a new device, they have to find yet another exploit. This potential pool of exploits becomes smaller and smaller each time, limiting the odds of ever finding one. While there's definitely such an exploit in existence, it could be unlikely that it will ever be found. However, there's some real smart people on the 3rd party iPhone scene, so my hopes are that with the collective intelligence of the community, Apple will once again be defeated. Another good thing is that the the iPhone 3G and 3GS use the same exact BaseBand, the X Gold 608. So if there is a 3GS jailbreak, the current 3G unlock, ultrasn0w can be used with the same payload and injection vector to also unlock the 3GS.
    2009-06-22 12:45 AM
    Anyone that wants to help out, I set up a paypal account for it. I have already donated $35.00. If anyone can throw in a dollar or two it would be helpful. I just want my jailbreak so bad

Donate a iPhone 3GS
    Well, since I started this thread and to show the Dev team my sincere thanks I too made a tiny donation to the cause.

I know it's only 5 bucks, but if everyone spares 5 bucks we can finally help give back to the Dev-Team and in the end we will all be happier!

Keep up the good work guys!

Code:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Donation Details

Confirmation number:  4K407054DY732643D 
    Donation amount:  $5.00 USD 
    Total:  $5.00 USD 
    Purpose:  iPHONE 3GS FOR DEV 
    Contributor:  Mark XXXXXX 
    Phone:  XXXXXXXXX

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PS - Mods, you should make this donation thread a sticky
    2009-06-22 01:32 AM
    Thanks guys, were up to $65. Every dollar helps
    2009-06-22 01:39 AM
    I'm donating too
    2009-06-22 01:40 AM
    Thanks guys, were up to $65. Every dollar helps
    Not sure if you are able to edit my original post as a moderator or not, but if you wish you are welcome to modify it and put whatever information you feel should be in there. No worries

I guess not everyone that has a jailbroken phone is cheap
    2009-06-22 01:42 AM
    Wow more donations, thanks guys!
    2009-06-22 03:10 AM
    EDIT!
    Some of us have now decided to donate money to the Dev Team for all their hardwork. They of course won't take money, but together we can help provide a couple new iPhones for them the work with (3GS of course!) Please see the below post:

Below is my original post:

Hey guys,
    Just thought I would post here for someone to clarify.

I've been reading that there is no jailbreak as of yet for the 3GS. I was just wondering why that is. Isnt the 3GS running the same operating system as all the other 3.0 iphones out there now?

I'm assuming something must be different. Does anyone happen to know what that is? I guess there is no rush or anything, but I look forward to jailbreaking the 3GS like my touch
    I Spoke with the dev team yeaterday and i offered my 32 3GS and they cant take it even though it would be a donation and they would be returning it to me..
    http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o260/cpjr1979/dc5274181cd827585d4bb6d16bedb210cop.png
    Steroids are yummy
    2009-06-22 03:31 AM
    will donate soon!
    willing to lend them my phone 16GB 3GS for JB!
    all the way!
    2009-06-22 03:34 AM
    I Spoke with the dev team yeaterday and i offered my 32 3GS and they cant take it even though it would be a donation and they would be returning it to me..
    So does this mean donations are for naught? Happy to donate, but if the above seems to be the case (which I can understand how they might have legal considerations in taking anything of value for their efforts - for profit or otherwise). Holding off on my donation till I know it can be accepted.

Cheers
    2009-06-22 03:46 AM
    They can not and will not take it. Send them pics of food. Check the blog
    2009-06-22 04:01 AM
    I'm very aware of the blog.
    I'm sure if they are not able to accept it the donation money will be offered back to us I'm not worried!

I don't think they will accept iphones from people because they don't want to "owe" anything to anyone or feel pressure to do anything at any pace other than their own.

I truly hope they accept the 3GS phone though
    2009-06-22 04:28 AM
    They are not going to accept it. I offered them mine. I think that this is GREAT and all but they can't. I gave them no dead line to return the phone. And if you think about the whole thing I was not giving them anything. I was letting them use it then return when they where done.
    2009-06-22 04:38 AM
    There are more people than just the dev teams immediate members who are working on the jb for the 3GS. There is the chronic dev team, iphone dev team, and many independents that are working on the project. We need to find an exploit in the iboot and this will take as many eyes as possible plugging away at it in an attempt to locate the exploit. There are many people needing access to the phone. Hell posixninja is one of them without a 3GS, the dude is one of the devs responsible for finding the 24kpwn exploit that helped jailbreak the 2G ipod. Which would have helped out the 3GS if the exploit hadn't been leaked before the release of the 3GS. Otherwise we would all have jailbroken 3GS at the moment. That guy needs to get a phone in his hands soon. 3GS jailbreak is going to be a large collaboration of devs works, just like the 2G ipod jailbreak. I know some members of the team will not accept donations but there are many that will and need to. We have $135 right now. I am buying one tomorrow afternoon, I will make up the difference if any. I don't want this jailbreak to take forever like the last one because few had a ipod 2G.
    2009-06-22 05:47 AM
    There are more people than just the dev teams immediate members who are working on the jb for the 3GS. There is the chronic dev team, iphone dev team, and many independents that are working on the project. We need to find an exploit in the iboot and this will take as many eyes as possible plugging away at it in an attempt to locate the exploit. There are many people needing access to the phone. Hell posixninja is one of them without a 3GS, the dude is one of the devs responsible for finding the 24kpwn exploit that helped jailbreak the 2G ipod. Which would have helped out the 3GS if the exploit hadn't been leaked before the release of the 3GS. Otherwise we would all have jailbroken 3GS at the moment. That guy needs to get a phone in his hands soon. 3GS jailbreak is going to be a large collaboration of devs works, just like the 2G ipod jailbreak. I know some members of the team will not accept donations but there are many that will and need to. We have $135 right now. I am buying one tomorrow afternoon, I will make up the difference if any. I don't want this jailbreak to take forever like the last one because few had a ipod 2G.
    When I read DEV team i was thinking they where referring to the "iPHONE DEV Team"
    http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o260/cpjr1979/dc5274181cd827585d4bb6d16bedb210cop.png
    Steroids are yummy
    2009-06-22 05:54 AM
    When I read DEV team i was thinking they where referring to the "iPHONE DEV Team"
    That's why stealth made that post, to assure everyone that it will be useful.
    2009-06-22 02:34 PM
    iphone 3gs is so bad without jailbreaking & unlocking
    2009-06-22 03:18 PM
    Just donated $10. Thanks for coordinating this Stealth!
    2009-06-22 03:21 PM
    i also donated 10, please post info when you have any.

Total Amount:
    -$10.00 USD
    Fee amount:
    $0.00 USD
    Net amount:
    -$10.00 USD

Item Amount:
    $10.00 USD
    Purpose:
    iPHONE 3GS FOR DEV
    Date:
    22 Jun. 2009
    Time:
    15:20:22 BST
    Completed
    2009-06-22 04:22 PM
92 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD