User Tag List

hi,
    am using 2g iphone with 2.1 firmware. Is it worth the while to update to 2.2 firmware and if so could I just Shift restore on itunes 8.0.
    Mine in jailbroken and unlock.
    Appreciate any help
    2009-06-22 06:34 AM
    It would be more worth it to update to 3.0...

If you wanna jailbreak and unlock wait for the dev-team to release the new JB and ultrasn0w before updating to 3.0. 2.2 is OOOLLLD news now...
    2009-06-22 06:38 AM
    thanks mate, 3.0 is out so i just do it itune 8.0..shift restore

rgds
    Last edited by harindr; 2009-06-22 at 11:38 AM.
    2009-06-22 09:25 AM
    Jailbreak and unlock available for 2G iPhones with redsn0w. Disregard what I said earlier. I missed the 2G part.
    2009-06-22 04:19 PM
    hi...
    i just did that...and my my nightmare are thereto hunt me...
    the screen is showing...downloading Jailbreak for last 10min...
    dude...what went wrong...pls help
    2009-06-23 09:31 PM
    umm were you using redsn0w? Or another jailbreak tool? Like pwnage tool or I forgot what the one for pc is called.

Just start over anyhow. Plug your phone into your comp and let iTunes read that your phone is in dfu mode and restore again. Then rejailbreak will redsn0w or something else the dev team provided. Make sure our iTunes is v8.2
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2009-06-23 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-06-23 10:07 PM
    thanks mate...allz well that ends wellz.
    Its done,brilliant. It took me all nite long to get it done.Skipd work and meetings,hell this is more important than a job!!
    The cydia apps are nolonger there though i had backed them up in appbackup.
    Well cant ask for it all.
    peace
    2009-06-24 06:16 AM
    Appbackup never worked for me. Aptbackup did though. It actually kept all of my cydia stuff except for a couple minor things like ssh sbsettings and wb. Just for future ref. use aptbackup not appbackup. Anyways congrats and have fun!
    2009-06-24 06:44 AM
    sorry, tell me something.Since the apps were backedup in appbackup, where are the hidden or what ever happed to them?
    Also there was spposed to be video recorder and mms but they aint there either.
    2009-06-24 06:45 AM
    Not appbackup, apTbackup. They're different. I used aptbackup to backup my cydia apps/themes and then when I rejailbroke my phone, I went to cydia and downloaded aptbackup again. Then I hit the restore button from within aptbackup and about 75% of my things were back automatically.

There is no video recorder for 2G or 3G iPhones. Use cycorder from cydia. Also, mms for other carriers must be manually activated. I have tmobile so I followed a thread from these forums under mms for tmobile and filled in the blanks. I don't know what carrier you have so I don't know what you need to fill out your apn settings for mms.
    2009-06-24 07:01 AM
    is there a way to get the apps back, since they were not backedup properly.
    Also cant sync the ringtones...anyidea why though

thkx
    2009-06-24 09:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD