i have upgraded my iphone to 1.1.4 and jailbroken, unlocked activated etc with ziphone.
    every thing works fine but with the exception of poor reception and some annoying sms issues.
    e.g i receive a sms in reply to one i sent and instead of the new sms going in to the convo it creates a new convo and puts in there, even if i send a reply from the original one and receive a reply back it will put it in the newly created one,
    also it doesn't always show up a contact name it shows the mobile number instead, even after i have sent a sms to that contact, and sometime for the first time sms.

has any one else experiencing these issues?
    2008-03-13 12:58 AM
    I am having the same issue with the messaging too. But i have come to find out a little work around to this, the sms messages i send is saved in the contacts name as it is. But when I get a reply, it is saved in a different sms block with the contact number.

This is because the sms incoming is coming in with the country code along with it, while I have just the number saved as in my contact on my phone.

The only way to get around it is, to save both format of the phone number of the contact one with the country code and the other without it.

By the way, I live in the Maldives so i dont know how you guys have your country codes and other codes go around, we here have only one.

But I sure hope there is a fix to this, the phone is unable to recognize the same contact with the country code on it.
    2008-03-15 09:22 AM
    i have upgraded my iphone to 1.1.4 and jailbroken, unlocked activated etc with ziphone.
    every thing works fine but with the exception of poor reception and some annoying sms issues.
    e.g i receive a sms in reply to one i sent and instead of the new sms going in to the convo it creates a new convo and puts in there, even if i send a reply from the original one and receive a reply back it will put it in the newly created one,
    also it doesn't always show up a contact name it shows the mobile number instead, even after i have sent a sms to that contact, and sometime for the first time sms.

has any one else experiencing these issues?
    The guy above is correct in that it is caused by problems with caller ID, what worked for me is to:

1. go to installer--sources--edit and add the iClarified source by writing: http://installer.iclarified.com

2. refresh

3.. in installer go to the iClarified folder and install the AppSupport Patch (1.1.4) AND Region Patch (1.1.4)

4. Reboot and enjoy
    If I help you out, help me out by clicking the button
    2008-03-15 12:43 PM
    i already have done the you two options, and still it does it to me.
    i have even restored and jailbroken it, i'll see how that goes
    Last edited by Dillby777; 2008-03-17 at 01:19 AM.
    2008-03-16 12:33 AM
    I had the exact same problem, the guy above you was right, install iClarified source and go to iClarified folder in installer but instead of installing the AppSupport Patch (1.1.4) AND Region Patch (1.1.4), install the AppSupport Patch (1.1.3) AND Region Patch (1.1.3) because when you unlock 1.1.4 with ziphone or independence or whatever you use, you technically have 1.1.3 because it downgrades your firmware and baseband, hope its usefull.
    2008-04-03 06:20 AM
    I was having the same problem. I upgraded to 1.1.4 today and used pwnage tool to jailbreak/unlock. Everything was fine except for the sms problem.

I added the iclarified source and added the patches as advised above - but for 1.1.4. And the problem has been solved

Many thanks!
    2008-04-13 02:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD