User Tag List

Hey all,

I have a 3G iphone with 2.2.1 that is already jailbroken. I'm a current ATT subscriber (without the data plan).

My questions are:

1. What is the best way to upgrade to 3.0 without losing the jailbroken apps?

2. Will my iPhone work with my subscribed SIM card after jailbreak?

3. I'm thinking of changing my current ATT plan (450 minutes without a data plan) to Pay-as-you-go plan next month. Do I need to unlock the phone in order to use it with Pay as you go plan?

4. If I unlock my iphone, will it work with a TMobile pay as you go plan?

Thanks!
    2009-06-24 06:22 PM
    1. jailbroken apps...you cant update and re-jailbreak keeping your apps, unless there already in your itunes library..if they are, then after you update and jailbreak 3.0, you can resync your apps just fine.

2. if it worked before the jailbreak than it should work after...but im not sure.

3. dunno

4. im pretty sure
    >>**Please thank me if I helped you...**<<

2009-06-24 06:31 PM
    Thanks!
    2009-06-26 02:29 PM
    1. You cant, I even attempted to use APTbackup and it screwed up my catagories and took me a while to fix it. I just suggest writing down the themes you like/use and the apps you use and just redownloading them. Shouldnt take more then an hour or two.

2. If your on ATT then yes. Shouldnt have a problem. With other carriers you need to unlock it.I used redsn0w to JB and was nervous seeing how many support threads there are but if you follow the instructions you shouln't have a problem.

3. Yes, if its on a different carrier. I am not 100% sure with ATT prepay. I know alot of people did it with the 2gs but i dont think ATT allows you to do it anymore but dont know if they have any actual blocks on it.

4. Yes. But be careful with data usage and push. It can eat up your minutes and charge you if your not careful.
    2009-06-26 05:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD