Ok. Today I jailbroke my iPhone and was in the process of downloading all my apps I had prior to upgrading to 3.o

I was going to make a call and as soon as I pressed the phone app it crashed immediately. I resprung, reboot to no avail.

I began un-installing every app backwards and to my luck I deleted 2 hours of work. I thought a little and remembered I downloaded and installed Voicemail Forwarder the 2.99 app that I believe Saurik made. As soon as I uninstalled it and rebooted everything worked perfectly fine. This isn't a post to bash the app because I love it but just to let people know to be careful.

You can avoid the annoying process of restoring, re j/b'ing, and setting up your iPhone again.

Hope this helps.

*** I'm also going to add that I rebooted on every app I uninstalled to determine which one was to blame. I must have done like 30 reboots or so.
    Last edited by gQstatus05; 2009-06-24 at 11:04 PM.
    Android user suffering from iPhone withdraw.
    2009-06-24 11:01 PM
    Same here. Only I realized the crash right after installing Voicemail Forwarder, so I immediately removed it, and the problem went away.

Here's hoping saurik updates to fix it soon, it was a useful utility to have installed.
    2009-06-25 08:20 PM
    Yep, same here! It happened to me while driving and trying to make a call. I had to think, drive and fiddle with uninstalling at the same time. I hope it is updated very soon.
    2009-06-30 08:21 PM
    In the meantime, there are other ways to extract these voicemails... such as via FTP.

Browse to /private/var/mobile/Library/Voicemail/ to view the list of VM files. They're saved as .AMR files, which QuickTime can play.

Lifehacker - How to Transfer iPhone Voicemail to Your Computer - Cell Phones

Also, Mark/Space's Missing Sync has also been updated to version 2.0 and one of it's core new features is that you can save voicemails to your computer. No jailbreak required.
    2009-06-30 08:24 PM
    Has this been resolved? I want it but don't want to eff up my phone part of my phone. Naweyemeen?
    2011-01-04 09:44 AM
    2011-01-11 08:44 PM
    2011-01-20 08:24 AM
    Any new experiences with vm forwarder? I thought it was funny saurik highlighted this app with all the problems it's had.
    2011-05-02 04:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD