Does jail breaker drain the iPhone battery? Does loading abunch of apps on the iPhone slow it down like a computer? Thanks
    2008-03-13 05:27 AM
    First off...."Jailbreaking" is NOT a program....its a method of allowing read/write access to the file system on the phone. So you can add stuff, etc.

So No, jailbreaking has NO effect on battery life. As far as apps slowing the phone down.....some apps have been known to cause little issues as such, but you can have tons installed on the phone and NOT notice a difference in speed. If something causes an issue...you can always uninstall it.
    2008-03-13 06:32 AM
    Are you sure that installed apps that use up CPU cycles in the background won't effect battery life?
    2008-03-13 07:12 AM
    The only major things that affect batty life is if you have wifi and SSH on all the time. I have 50 or 60 apps on my phone and notice no change in battery life from the first day I bought it.
    2008-03-13 07:14 AM
    You asked if "jailbreaking" uses up battery life, which is no.

However, anytime you have programs running, even in the background - Yes, you will use more battery.

But Apps arent running unless you open them - and you can close them when your done.

I have MANY installed and have NEVER had a battery issue. I just make sure to hold the home button down (bout 5-6 sec) to fully close the app when im done.
    2008-03-13 07:16 AM
    there is a program out there called systeminfo or sysinfo I think that will tell you all the processes running on the phone so you can see what's eating up your cpu or battery.
    2008-03-13 07:19 AM
    You asked if "jailbreaking" uses up battery life, which is no.

However, anytime you have programs running, even in the background - Yes, you will use more battery.

But Apps arent running unless you open them - and you can close them when your done.

I have MANY installed and have NEVER had a battery issue. I just make sure to hold the home button down (bout 5-6 sec) to fully close the app when im done.
    Thanks, you anwsered my qustion.
    2008-03-14 12:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD