To blkcadi: Shush girl! I felt bad enough BEFORE you mentioned the cast lol.

To Amadeus:

Open Cydia. At the bottom right hand side of the loading screen select Search. Type in LCARS and your theme will show up. It is in the iSpazio repo which should already be in Cydia.

iFuntastic is a program to mod things in your phone I believe...sounds and such. You do not need it.
    2009-07-01 06:29 AM
    Got SCP to work, got Cydia working, got Winterboard working smoothly, and I got a great LCARS theme for the phone! It was from Cydia... but not the iSpazio. Anyway, a question about the future. I hear talks to Apple's 3.1 firmware already being passed around. When 3.1 firmware comes out where does that leave me. Must I jailbreak all over again, or can I just upgrade as usual. In this jailbreak I lost all my game information and contacts. I did not consider they would be erased... So many lost numbers.

Also, I downloaded to my computer a file names NESapp-2.3.3.tar.tar. It is an NES emulator. How do I install it into my iPhone?
    Last edited by AmadeusKaelPyralis; 2009-07-01 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-07-01 06:24 PM
    ok since this seems like the place to get answers that are very accurate and pretty quick too (reminds me of me when i first started modding)....i figure i will ask here. I cant do a wifi ssh...i have to use a usb connection and i have tried everything under the sun. Any tips you can share?? I use to use iPhone PC Suite which was amazing with my 2.2.1 but it no longer works....i tried itunnel and no luck...please help. Thanks Jason
    2009-07-01 07:47 PM
    ok since this seems like the place to get answers that are very accurate and pretty quick too (reminds me of me when i first started modding)....i figure i will ask here. I cant do a wifi ssh...i have to use a usb connection and i have tried everything under the sun. Any tips you can share?? I use to use iPhone PC Suite which was amazing with my 2.2.1 but it no longer works....i tried itunnel and no luck...please help. Thanks Jason
    Try iPhonebrowser, that will work for you.

Got SCP to work, got Cydia working, got Winterboard working smoothly, and I got a great LCARS theme for the phone! It was from Cydia... but not the iSpazio. Anyway, a question about the future. I hear talks to Apple's 3.1 firmware already being passed around. When 3.1 firmware comes out where does that leave me. Must I jailbreak all over again, or can I just upgrade as usual. In this jailbreak I lost all my game information and contacts. I did not consider they would be erased... So many lost numbers.

Also, I downloaded to my computer a file names NESapp-2.3.3.tar.tar. It is an NES emulator. How do I install it into my iPhone?
    Do not upgrade yet to the new OS, and yes sorry to say you will lose your jailbreak and all the jailbroken tweaks and apps that you have installed. Typically updates don't come this soon. This is something that the jailbreak community has to do and we live with. It's a pain butt so worth it to us.
    I make a list of all apps and resources that I use so when it comes time to repeat the process, I have all the info at hand and it takes 15-20 minutes to get my set up back.
    As far as all your contacts, settings, music, notes etc. will be easy to get back. Once you jailbreak it again you simply sync with iTunes from a back up and it restores all that. So that part is really easy.
    About how to install NES stuff, I really can't help you there, I don't use it so no experience, sorry. Should be pretty simple to find out if you search. Perhaps someone else will reag this post and give you the answers on that.
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2009-07-01 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-07-01 08:42 PM
    Thank-you for all of your help with these matters. I apologize if I had seemed pushy or unwilling to research. I have done quite a lot of research since the first jailbreak for the iPhone 3G, but I could never find the specific answers I was looking for. I am sure I will have questions in the future, keep an eye out for private messages as I find you are quite knowledgable.
    2009-07-01 11:08 PM
    Thank-you for all of your help with these matters. I apologize if I had seemed pushy or unwilling to research. I have done quite a lot of research since the first jailbreak for the iPhone 3G, but I could never find the specific answers I was looking for. I am sure I will have questions in the future, keep an eye out for private messages as I find you are quite knowledgable.
    Your are a gentleman and it has been my pleasure to help you out.
    Certainly you can ask for help at any time.

"You will need God behind you, many have envoked his name, it has appeared that not even your God can stop me."
    "To measure the man, measure his heart."
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2009-07-01 at 11:46 PM.
    2009-07-01 11:39 PM
    Just wanted to say thanks! Iphonebrowser worked like a charm! Now if you can make vwallpaper work I'll call you a genius
    2009-07-02 03:38 PM
    Just wanted to say thanks! Iphonebrowser worked like a charm! Now if you can make vwallpaper work I'll call you a genius
    In order to point you in the correct direction I would need to know more,
    What have you installed, there are I believe 2 apps that need to make this happen. It will show up in winterboard as any theme would. I have never used it but I know many have. I found a video on You Tube about it. This may help you out and even shows how to SSH it if you want, Enjoy.......................O_o

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjFc5mt8uRI]YouTube - Animated Backgrounds For 2.2.1 iPhone,iPhone 3G, iPod Touch 1st & 2nd Gen With vWallpaper[/ame]
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2009-07-02 at 10:28 PM.
    2009-07-02 07:59 PM
    Thanks yeah I had it on 2.2.1 but the developer hasn't updated the program for 3.0 just yet. Skew is the other app you need.
    2009-07-02 10:26 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD