Hi , can anyone help me on jailbreaking my iphone?
    i've upgraded to 1.1.4? i'm on a O2 tariff ?
    it's just seems that looking through the forums people have such probs with all the jailbreaks and unlocking , like losing apps and contacts , sms , all i would like is a step by step to how i keep all my contacts , sms , emails , data etc, so i can just get myself some decent apps? is there any one out there ......
    2008-03-13 12:25 PM
    all you have to do is download ziphone from ziphone.org and run the jailbreak, unlock, and activate option and you should be good to go...

oh and make sure you back up so you dont loose your contacts
    Last edited by cscho0415; 2008-03-13 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    always hit the thanks button

no signature spam/links... Thanks
    2008-03-13 01:11 PM
    Hi, thx for that , whats the best way to back up then?????
    so all i need do is open up ziphone ? start that and then its ok, thought that i might have to restore to 1.1.4, cause all the stuff that gets left, in cache, just that i read this in somebodys thread? seems to simple????
    2008-03-13 01:39 PM
    backup from itunes. Click on iPhone and then the Info tab. Make sure everything that you need backed up will back up to a specific program.

You will prolly lose SMS messages unless you download Caterpillar or something similar.

Remember if you use ziphone your baseband gets permanently downgraded. programs like iPlus don't. The reason why you would perhaps NOT want to use iphone is if something terrible happens to your phone and Apple looks at it and sees something funny went on, like your baseband being lower than it should.

There is also a program called iLiberty.
    2008-03-13 03:51 PM
    Hi Ta for that

So iPlus and iLiberty do the same as Ziphone?
    suppose i could wait till june when the firmware 2.0 hits and then all apps will work anyhow, correct?????right???? Marty
    2008-03-13 04:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD