So after almost a year of having an iphone, and using it within the borders of Apple/At&t's discretion, I've decided I'd like to jailbreak my phone. The main motivation for this is actually because I had my phone stolen and being completely useless to protect my data I decided it was time. But obviously the real reason I want to jailbreak is to get the most out of my iPhone.

I have two questions.

1. Does it makes sense to jailbreak right now or should I wait till 3.1 is public?

2. I was hoping you all could maybe suggest some essential jailborken apps (I've read lists on gizmodo, lifehacker, iphoneuserguide etc... but they feel outdated).

So this is my list of priority installs, but I'd like to hear what else has been useful for all of you:

Tethering App - For obvious reasons

Cycorder/Video Recorder 3G - Anyone have a preference?

Winterboard - I'm fine with the default apple skin, but it would be nice to have a background finally.

BossPrefs - Its kind of essential right?

xGPS - Do people still use this?

Multi Apps - Backgrounder/Reminder/StatusNotifier

Lost/Stolen App - ilocalis/findmyi/mobfindr (Anyone use any of these?)
    2009-07-02 04:26 AM
    Welcome to MMi
    You can do it now or wait, your choice. Jailbreak and unlock available now.
    You really need to do your home work as far as apps, depends on your needs.
    Your list of priorities are awesome things to have all available.
    2009-07-02 04:33 AM
    Oh instead of BossPrefs use SBSettings. It's from the same dev; it is just newer version. Status Notifier is amazing and so is Backgrounder, but Backgrounder doesn't work on 3.0 yet. As for a tethering app, there are a few hacks for that if you search around and it won't cost you a dime as opposed to an app.

Oh btw Cycorder is free and iPhone video recorder costs money. As far as I know it does. It mightve changed tho.
    Last edited by SharpieBandit; 2009-07-02 at 06:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-07-02 06:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.