I tried uninstalling netatalk because i'd rather just use ssh but it still shows up in my finder on my macbook.

anybody know how to fully remove it?
    2009-07-04 03:11 AM
    same thing here : (
    2009-07-16 08:04 PM
    Same here. I've unstalled Netatalk successfully, and yet "Bob's iPhone" still shows up in the finder (under shared). Can anyone help?
    2009-09-29 05:51 PM
    I tried uninstalling netatalk because i'd rather just use ssh but it still shows up in my finder on my macbook.

anybody know how to fully remove it?
    Here is a solution to fully uninstalling Netatalk that worked for me. 1) Install "Bossprefs" from Cydia. 2) Install Bossprefs plugin for Netatalk. 3) Use Bossprefs to turn Netatalk off. 4) Uninstall Netatalk while it is "off."

Note: to find the "Netatalk Bossprefs Toggle" in Cydia you need to add the source of its creator: http:redwolfberry.com/rupertgee/cydia/
    2009-10-29 07:21 AM
    Thanks
    2009-11-02 01:24 PM
    That repository is no longer valid. Any other ideas how I can get the netatalk plugin for boss prefs??? I really need to get my iPhone out of the finder.
    2010-01-23 07:33 PM
    I almost want to install that app just to try and delete it from my phone and get your answer.

Before I take the time out of my day,

Can you ssh into your iphone with cyberduck and see if its still got a folder in your applications?

Does it matter if your phone is connected on your wifi network or is it still in your finder even if the phone is not found on the network?

More info will help me help you.

Edit: Here is a temp solution for you. Open the finder window, on the top bar click GO, then click, HOME. Now on the top bar, click FINDER, PREFERENCES. Under preferences, goto the Side Bar tab. Uncheck Bonjour computers and if that doesn't do it try unchecking connected servers.

This is not the solution to fully uninstall that app if thats the actual issue, but you won't have to look at it under shares anymore.
    Last edited by Aakburns; 2010-01-23 at 08:43 PM.
    2010-01-23 08:29 PM
    It only shows my iPhone when my iPhone has wi-fi on and i'm here at the network. I uninstalled netatalk and reinstalled it and uninstalled it several times. The SB Settings preference file is no longer in that source (as the source is not compatible with the latest cydia).
    2010-01-23 08:54 PM
    You could try this.

AFP (Netatalk) Root access – The Complete How-to RupertGee iBlog @ WordPress.com

Looks like if you install that Boss Prefs there you can turn AFP off and then uninstall everything again and you'll be good. That is my best guess. Can't hurt to try.

It's supposedly works will all versions of netatalk.

Also instead of terminal commands, I would think you could SSH your phone to add it in.
    2010-01-23 09:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD