i just started a craigslist add for jailbreaking/unlocking phones for people... i've been doing it for myself since 1.1.2 no problem.

ive just never attempted to do it for other peoples phones on MY computer...

i plan on doing Jailbreaks and SOME unlocks if they ask. Unlock is the easy part with yellowsn0w/ultrasn0w

question i have is mainly about the JB.. as long as i use the right ISPW (gonna use 3.0 for everyone, make them update before they meet up with me and sync of course) and the right JB method.. redsn0w for 2G/3G and purplera1n for 3GS right?

ive never done an unlock tho... i know how to install the app from cydia, but after the jailbreak does the phone activate itself so i can get into cydia and install it or what?

and a double check on top of the other questions..

redsn0w - JB 2G/3G
    purplera1n - JB 3GS
    yellowsn0w - 2G/3G (3G on 2.2.1 and earlier??) unlock
    ultrasn0w - 3GS/3G (3G on 3.0+??)

Thanks guys.. if you guys could help me out soon ill apreciate it!!.. i KNOW how to do it all and have jailbroken my 2G, 3G, and now 3GS when ive owned them. Just matching everthing up with the right phones/firmwares/basebands and then activating is what im mainly trying to figure out properly!
    Last edited by stylin97; 2009-07-05 at 06:28 AM.
    2009-07-05 06:21 AM
    redsn0w - JB 2G/3G
    purplera1n - JB 3GS
    yellowsn0w - 3G (3G on 2.2) unlock
    ultrasn0w - 3GS/3G (3G/3Gs on 3.0)
    BootNeuter - 2G Unlock in 2.0 +
    If you are doing the unlock you should turn off the 3G on the 3G/3GS.

and after using Redsn0w the phone should be activated, the purplera1n doesn't activate the phone, it should be activated with itunes...

In The 3GS ones you use purplera1n, you need to click on Freeze and that will download and install cydia. if it doesn't appear restart the phone and it will be there or run Freeze again.

very important!! don't touch the 3.1 beta FW. It can not be jail broken for now
    Last edited by bebeboricua; 2009-07-05 at 03:39 PM.
    2009-07-05 03:37 PM
    Minor correction,

Ultrasn0w - 3.0 FW 4.26.08 BB
    Yellowsn0w - 2.2.1 and under FW 2.30 BB

Some people have downgraded to 2.2.1 maintaining the 4.26.08 BB which still requires ultrasn0w, not yellowsn0w.

Reminder: purplera1n does jailbreak the 3GS but as of now, there seems to be problems with theming on the phone, which means winterboard is faulty/possibly not functional.

Unlock is easy. Go through Cydia and add the source for ultrasn0w (on dev-team's blog, I forgot what it is) then install it, and restart the phone. It automatically activates afterwards.
    2009-07-06 11:35 AM
    Pathetic. Getting paid off whats offered from the community for FREE. Sorry but bums like u get no respect from me, and i'm sure a lot of respected members here either.
    2009-07-06 12:09 PM
    i was hoping for ecid data to lock iphones to itunes data and accounts, that would put an end to jailbreak profiteers. unfortunately i gotta wait till 3.1 for that to happen.
    shamwow!
    2009-07-06 12:25 PM
    I actually don't think it's that awful... I mean some people are really scared to mess with their phones. Some people get really upset and freaked out when something goes wrong. Jailbreaking can be a scary process because things do come out not as expected.

If I were like that, I'd want somebody else to help me do it. Especially if I don't have any friends who know how.

I agree that it's awful to take something free and make a profit out of it, but think of the time and effort it takes to help other people out. I just don't think it should be a big price if anything really. People who charge $25 per device is a ripoff. I was thinking maybe like $5 or something for the time invested. Like on eBay they sometimes charge extra for an already JB'd iDevice. I dunno, I don't think it's a good idea but it would help some people. I jb my friends phone all the time whenever new fw are released and I do it free cuz she is a friend. But I know she won't even try herself and if I didn't know how she would pay someone to do it for her. She would have a heart attack if her phone just even freezes during the process.

But yeah dude, I guess it's not a good idea to post your money making ideas here =P
    2009-07-06 04:32 PM
    Minor correction,

Ultrasn0w - 3.0 FW 4.26.08 BB
    Yellowsn0w - 2.2.1 and under FW 2.30 BB

Some people have downgraded to 2.2.1 maintaining the 4.26.08 BB which still requires ultrasn0w, not yellowsn0w.

Reminder: purplera1n does jailbreak the 3GS but as of now, there seems to be problems with theming on the phone, which means winterboard is faulty/possibly not functional.

Unlock is easy. Go through Cydia and add the source for ultrasn0w (on dev-team's blog, I forgot what it is) then install it, and restart the phone. It automatically activates afterwards.
    Yelloewsn0w is for 2.2 FW of the 3G Dev-Team Blog - Don't eat yellowsn0w!....and if you go up to 3.0 and then go down to 2.2.1 the phone will not work.
    2009-07-06 04:42 PM
    ... With yellowsn0w. That's why you use ultrasn0w. Unlocks are not based on the fw they are based on the baseband. Hence why you have to preserve your baseband when 3.1 comes out and the deb team said ultrasn0w will stop working if you update your baseband.
    2009-07-06 04:52 PM
    yes the unlocks are based on the baseband but your baseband must mach with the FW or the phone will not work..

you can not have a 4.26.08 baseband in 2.2.1, if you have that you will not have any signal for the carier, it doesn't matter if you are unlock or not....

but you can have a 2.30 baseband in 3.0..

and yellowsn0w only work's with 02.28.00 baseband...ultrasn0w works with 4.26.8
    2009-07-06 06:23 PM
    [QUOTE=stylin97;4725231]

question i have is mainly about the JB.. as long as i use the right ISPW (gonna use 3.0 for everyone, make them update before they meet up with me and sync of course) and the right JB method.. redsn0w for 2G/3G and purplera1n for 3GS right?

Sometimes i think its best that the person restore before you jailbreak for them so the phones like new i once had a problem when updating... but that was a while ago
    2009-07-06 06:33 PM
    redsn0w - JB 2G/3G
    purplera1n - JB 3GS
    hello im using the iphone 3gs 3.0 jailbroken and unlocked and just to let you no that ultrasn0w works but i find i loose service and my wifi doesn't work, if your doing a break and unlock for someone els on a 3GS i wouldn't unlock it unless they need it, im sure it will be updated very soon but until then i figured i would share my experience with it, anyone els find ultrasn0w does some odd things???
    2009-07-06 06:51 PM
    i just started a craigslist add for jailbreaking/unlocking phones for people... i've been doing it for myself since 1.1.2 no problem.

ive just never attempted to do it for other peoples phones on MY computer...

i plan on doing Jailbreaks and SOME unlocks if they ask. Unlock is the easy part with yellowsn0w/ultrasn0w

ive never done an unlock tho... i know how to install the app from cydia, but after the jailbreak does the phone activate itself so i can get into cydia and install it or what?

and a double check on top of the other questions..

redsn0w - JB 2G/3G
    purplera1n - JB 3GS

Thanks guys.. if you guys could help me out soon ill apreciate it!!.. i KNOW how to do it all and have jailbroken my 2G, 3G, and now 3GS when ive owned them. Just matching everthing up with the right phones/firmwares/basebands and then activating is what im mainly trying to figure out properly!

If you have to ask ANY of these questions you should not be touching other peoples phones. And you DEFINATELY shouldnt be charging to do it!
    2009-07-06 11:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD