View Poll Results: Purplera1n or Redsn0w

Voters
205. You may not vote on this poll
  • Purplera1n

131 63.90%
  • Redsn0w

74 36.10%
    I got a quick question???? I have the 3gs and have cydia.. I installed the winterboard and then the very next day the icon disappeared on my home screen... I check on cydia installed apps and its still installed, i also did reset my phone alot of times but still no winterboard icon... Can anyone help me????? Ty
    2009-08-02 07:51 AM
    I got a quick question???? I have the 3gs and have cydia.. I installed the winterboard and then the very next day the icon disappeared on my home screen... I check on cydia installed apps and its still installed, i also did reset my phone alot of times but still no winterboard icon... Can anyone help me????? Ty
    Out of curiousity, did you have BossPrefs or SBSettings installed also? Cause the Winterboard icon might be hidden. Since you have the 3GS have you search for Winterboard using the search thingy, (I forget the real name) or maybe checking for Winterboard in your settings?
    Last edited by maggieaco; 2009-08-02 at 08:09 AM.
    2009-08-02 08:06 AM
    Hmmm...I did notice for the first time today that the winterboard icon is all white? I never noticed before because I always had my icons themed
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME
    2009-08-02 08:53 AM
    Hmmm...I did notice for the first time today that the winterboard icon is all white? I never noticed before because I always had my icons themed
    I have downloaded Bosspaper into Cydia it's showing but I can't see any Icon for it, I am new to this is there something else I need to do please?.
    2009-08-02 09:02 AM
    Not sure...I would test it but I dont feel like downloading bosspaper yet, Ive heard problems so far...

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    2009-08-02 09:05 AM
    I have been trying it out on a test phone. Not a fan
    2009-08-02 09:10 AM
    Yeah? Ill do that now..I just upgrade 3.0.1 on 3 test phones because I got bored...bosspaper coming up on round 2...

2009-08-02 09:17 AM
    Have fun. I am in the process of trying to brick one of my 3GSs
    2009-08-02 09:23 AM
    LMAO how are you planning on doing that?

Oh man, I forgot to ask you...I just did a housing swap for fun, I told you I was bored, and I cant figure out where to put this damn sim ejector tab back...any clue????
    Last edited by Melech518; 2009-08-02 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2009-08-02 09:29 AM
    LMAO how are you planning on doing that?

Oh man, I forgot to ask you...I just did a housing swap for fun, I told you I was bored, and I cant figure out where to put this damn sim ejector tab back...any clue????
    Experimenting with stuff I shouldn't be messing with
    2009-08-02 09:31 AM
    HAHA, I love how we are talking on like 4 threads at once right now

2009-08-02 09:39 AM
    HAHA. Different subjects.

whats up with your buddy spooky?
    2009-08-02 09:43 AM
    Dude, the guys got MAJOR problems...I kept quiet about it and stayed off his thread for a while but come on....I cant keep my mouth shut hearing half of the BS that comes out of his mouth

2009-08-02 09:53 AM
    I have read a little of the thread. You must be squirming in your seat.
    2009-08-02 09:57 AM
    Lol...how can you tell?

2009-08-02 10:03 AM
    HAHA. lmao
    2009-08-02 10:09 AM
    Ty very much... I got it workin now.... So whats the difference between bossprefs and sbssettings????
    2009-08-02 04:05 PM
    I tried BossPaper. Played with it a bit. But I prefer Winterboard instead! I hope BossPaper doesn't replace Winterboard like SBSetting replaced BossPrefs. At least SBSetting is a nice app.
    2009-08-03 12:49 AM
    Stupid question which may have been previously answered:

I used Purplera1n for my 3Gs and love it...but when I reformated and jailbroke my wife's hand-me-down 3G with Redsn0w, it runs very slowly.

Will Purplera1n work for the 3G as well or is it only designed for the Gs? Could it be the firmware that I used? Can someone link me to a clean 3.0 (non beta) firmware? (if you think that will help) The ones on Stealth's site are down.

I believe I used the final firmware for 3.0 beta before it was finally released.
    2009-08-03 08:12 PM
    Purplera1n will only work on the 3GS. If you need the stock 3.0 ipsw they are in the downloads section of this forum...
    Apple Forums & iPhone Forums, Mods, Hacks, News, Themes, Downloads, and more! | ModMyi.com - Downloads - Firmware

2009-08-03 09:01 PM
206 ... 891011
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD