Just got my iPhone 3G with 3.0 firmware on ebay and hooked it up to my computer. It is locked on the main screen and says "No Sim Card Installed insert a valid sim card with no pin lock to activate iphone.

I am totally stuck. What do I do to get this bad boy working? I've been searching for hours on the forums and am so confused with the redsn0w and ultrasn0w. Which one do I use and can I even jailbreak the phone from the state my phone is in right now?

Thanks everyone!!
    2009-07-14 04:35 AM
    If it is an unjailbroken iPhone you may just get away with running redsnOw to jailbreak it and there ultrasn0w to unlock.
    But I would put in DFU mode. restore to a fresh copy of 3.0 just to clean it up and then run the processes.
    In case you need them here is a link on DFU mode and also a guide to jailbreak and unlock.
    2009-07-14 04:42 AM
    Great! so I should put the device in DFU mode then run the two applications? Is this correct?

Thanks!

If it is an unjailbroken iPhone you may just get away with running redsnOw to jailbreak it and there ultrasn0w to unlock.
    But I would put in DFU mode. restore to a fresh copy of 3.0 just to clean it up and then run the processes.
    In case you need them here is a link on DFU mode and also a guide to jailbreak and unlock.
    2009-07-14 05:04 AM
    Oh and by the way, Welcome to MMi

Yes sir, that's it and your good to go.
    2009-07-14 05:21 AM
    Perfect. Can I unlock the phone without a sim card?

Oh and by the way, Welcome to MMi

Yes sir, that's it and your good to go.
    2009-07-14 06:14 AM
    Yes. Just run ultrasn0w once you're jailbroken.
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    2009-07-14 07:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD