i tried upgrading my 2g iphone from 2.2.1 to 3.0. i use t-mobile so i would like to jailbreak it so i can actually use my phone. is there any way to downgrade it back to 2.2.1? ive been searching the internet for a while and most of the tutorials i find dont work. any help would be nice
    2009-07-20 05:00 AM
    You would need to unlock it and you can unlock firmware 3.0. That means that you can use it on T-Mobile.

The tutorials should work. Try unlocking it one more time and use this tutorial: iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your iPhone 2G on OS 3.0 Using RedSn0w (Windows)

Just download these files before you start the unlocking process and make sure you key your T-Mobile sim in the phone during the entire unlocking process.
    Apple Forums & iPhone Forums, Mods, Hacks, News, Themes, Downloads, and more! | ModMyi.com - Downloads - redsn0w Windows 0.8
    Apple Forums & iPhone Forums, Mods, Hacks, News, Themes, Downloads, and more! | ModMyi.com - Downloads - BL 3.9 File
    Apple Forums & iPhone Forums, Mods, Hacks, News, Themes, Downloads, and more! | ModMyi.com - Downloads - BL 4.6 File
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

I can't find Cydia on app store
    2009-07-20 05:13 AM
    my problem is that im stuck in the emergency call screen of 3.0 im not sure what to do to get it out of this. also it never asks me for the bootloaders. i think this is what may be causing redsnow to freeze up when i try to jailbreak it.
    Last edited by jbtr91; 2009-07-20 at 03:57 PM.
    2009-07-20 07:25 AM
    i follow that guide ... now i have no wifi !!
    2009-07-20 08:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD