Hey everyone,

I jail broke an iPhone 2G for a friend, and I'm guessing he tried to jailbreak it again for some stupid reason and now it will not go past the boot screen. It is/was running 2.2.1 and I used quickpwn to jailbreak it. I try to get it to go into recovery mode, but itunes will not recognize it. Even when I plug the usb into my computer, the computer won't recognize it. Is there anyway to fix this, or is he SOL?

Thanks!
    2009-07-21 04:52 AM
    Hold down power and home until the phone shuts off and then put it into DFU mode using this guide:
    How To: Enter DFU Restore Mode - ModMyi - Wiki

From there restore to a stock firmware and try to jailbreak it again, if your friend wants.
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

I can't find Cydia on app store
    2009-07-21 05:27 AM
    Hold down power and home until the phone shuts off and then put it into DFU mode using this guide:
    How To: Enter DFU Restore Mode - ModMyi - Wiki

From there restore to a stock firmware and try to jailbreak it again, if your friend wants.

This does not work. I have tried to do this and the phone stays locked on the boot logo. What it will do is it will go to the apple logo, and then it will "think" and then get stuck while thinking and then flicker and go back to the apple logo.
    2009-07-21 06:06 AM
    It shouldn't go to the apple logo when going into DFU mode. DFU mode is just a black screen.

2009-07-21 06:20 AM
    It shouldn't go to the apple logo when going into DFU mode. DFU mode is just a black screen.
    There lies another issue with the iphone not being recognized. It is not an issue with the cord or the port since I plugged in my own iphone and it works fine. if the computer isnt recognizing the iphone, then the computer won't know it's in DFU mode, right?
    2009-07-21 06:23 AM
    It won't recognize it if it is constantly rebooting because the OS hasn't loaded up completely. DFU mode will be recognized as long as it is plugged into the computer before putting it into DFU mode.

Edit:
    Maybe this video will be more helpful for you to try and get it into DFU mode.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiTcKMZfyfk[/ame]
    Last edited by NeoNightmareX; 2009-07-21 at 06:31 AM.

2009-07-21 06:25 AM
    when connecting it to the computer after getting it to DFU mode, I receive an error message stating that "one of the usb devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it." It shows an as unknown device in my device manager, and no drivers can be found for it.
    2009-07-21 07:12 AM
    Try a different USB cable and another USB port on your computer.
    2009-07-21 07:36 AM
    Try a different USB cable and another USB port on your computer.
    Still is not recognized. Im reinstalling itunes to see if I cant get it to work.
    2009-07-21 07:37 AM
    im having this very same problem right now. but my phone is working fine. it just wont recognize that it has been connected. the battery charges without the little lightning symbol that is supposed to appear. my laptop wont recognize my phone. i tried connecting it to my brothers laptop, and even a wall adapter and NOTHING happens. ive never heard of something like this.
    it was working fine last night after i restored my iphone and now it wont sync. i have 2 broken iphones and this one. so if i cant manage to fix this, im ganna switch my mother board to a diff body and see if maybe its the usb port on my phone. i really hope not =[
    2009-07-21 09:07 PM
    So, I've reinstalled iTunes and plugged it in to go into DFU mode. I'm still receiving the previous error "one of the usb devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it." iTunes does not recognize the phone at all.
    2009-07-22 12:18 AM
    If you have the option to use another computer, try that...long ago, I had a similar problem and after plugging into another computer, it worked fine. In regard to uninstalling your itunes; did you make sure to delete all sub-folders in program files?? Also after uninstall, clear all temporary internet files and cookies on your pc.

I've had 6 different iPhones and have NEVER bricked one using any of the jailbreak programs out there, after numerous close calls, thinking I did.

Hope I was able to help!

Chris

PS: Also, if you're brave enough and know what you're doing, goto your registry and make sure all instances of itunes is removed; I don't think that is necessary, but you never registry key might be corrupted; and causing your problem.
    Last edited by ugshotgun; 2009-07-22 at 01:52 AM. Reason: forgot to say...
    Note 4 and iPhone 6 Plus: The best of both worlds!
    2009-07-22 01:50 AM
    If you have the option to use another computer, try that...long ago, I had a similar problem and after plugging into another computer, it worked fine. In regard to uninstalling your itunes; did you make sure to delete all sub-folders in program files?? Also after uninstall, clear all temporary internet files and cookies on your pc.

I've had 6 different iPhones and have NEVER bricked one using any of the jailbreak programs out there, after numerous close calls, thinking I did.

Hope I was able to help!

Chris

PS: Also, if you're brave enough and know what you're doing, goto your registry and make sure all instances of itunes is removed; I don't think that is necessary, but you never registry key might be corrupted; and causing your problem.
    Unfortunately, I've tried it on a laptop and my desktop, still nothing. And I did remove all instances of iTunes and still got no where. Im just going to give it back to him and he's going to see if someone can go inside and fix it. This is the last time I jailbreak any iPhones for him! I've jailbroken about for of them and an iPod touch and never bricked them.
    2009-07-22 01:56 AM
    Try one more thing:

Use the video above and do exactly what it says, BUT do NOT have your device plugged into itunes at that time. Once the phone is DFU as outlined in the video; then plug it into a machine with itunes and then start itunes.

Hope this helps!

Chris

I MEANT TO SAY UNPLUG YOUR DEVICE FROM THE PC....BUT IN DFU....THEN AFTER ITS IN DFU MODE AS STATED IN THE VIDEO, THEN OPEN UP ITUNES ON YOUR DESKTOP; THEN ONCE ITS OPEN, PLUG THE PHONE BACK IN...

You can also try to use an older version of iTunes...
    Last edited by ugshotgun; 2009-07-22 at 02:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Note 4 and iPhone 6 Plus: The best of both worlds!
    2009-07-22 02:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD