Wasn't sure where to put this, sorry if it's in the wrong place but didn't see anything for iPod discussion.

I was just wondering what the reason would be for jailbreaking/unlocking an iPod touch? Since it's not a phone why would one need to unlock it? I assume the jailbreak thing works just like the iPhone...so you can install unoffical apps onto the device.

I'm expecting delivery today of my new 32GB second generation iPod Touch so I wanted to ask what it was all about. I already have an iPhone unlocked/jailbroken.

Thanks!
    2009-07-23 05:10 PM
    You would jailbreak it so that you can theme it with Winterboard and add Cydia apps like Cycorder. I could go on and on but I'll just summarize by saying jailbreaking is much more than just a step to unlocking 3G and 3GS iPhones.
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

I can't find Cydia on app store
    2009-07-23 05:21 PM
    Correct me if I'm wrong but since when does iPods have a camera in them?
    2009-07-23 08:09 PM
    ^They don't; I think Neo was just trying to show all the different things jailbreaking can do. And there's no unlock for an iPod since that's purely for carrier and service. Have fun with the new 'Pod.
    Respect your elders.
    2009-07-23 08:16 PM
    I never owned an iPod touch. How am I supposed to know they don't have cameras?
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

I can't find Cydia on app store
    2009-07-24 03:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD