HEY GUYS!!!
    Im a bit of a noob in all this iphone jailbraking,
    i wanna jailbrake my iphone that i got recently.
    i found a site where it tells me how to jailbrake but doesnt tell me what could happen if somthing goes wrong.
    could you please tell me what could go wrong and if theres a way to fix it?
    please help.
    thanks
    2009-07-23 07:05 PM
    I've been JB/Unlocking my phone since 1.0.2 and I've yet to do something to it that couldn't be fixed. If something does go wrong just put it in DFU mode and restore.
    2009-07-23 07:12 PM
    If something goes wrong, run...

No, if you happen to mess up the jailbreak, just do as the above poster mentions.
    2009-07-23 07:16 PM
    Thanks a lot guys!!!
    =)
    2009-07-23 07:36 PM
    Gaffer, Let me know what you decide to do! I am a total noob to this game too and a little unsure about what to do and the benifits!

Cheers!

F
    2009-07-23 07:56 PM
    Gaffer, Let me know what you decide to do! I am a total noob to this game too and a little unsure about what to do and the benifits!

Cheers!

F

It's a painless (and reversible) process. Just take your time, do exactly as RedSn0w (for examples) tells you to and you'll be enjoying the benefits of JB'ing soon!
    2009-07-23 08:09 PM
    hey one more question.
    i already have a firmware on my iphone. do i need to restore through itunes before proceeding onto quickpwn or not??
    thnx=)
    2009-07-23 08:12 PM
    Jailbreaking and unlocking nowadays is simple. iClarified has a lot of good tutorials on this. Just make sure you're selecting the right one for your phone.

As for the benefits? Too many to name but I'll mention WinterBoard, SMS quick reply and quick send (most 3rd party SMS apps have this now), lockscreen calendars, and Cydia of course.

I just love being able to mod my phone w/little restriction. Whenever anyone else with an iPhone wants to see mine they are just amazed.
    2009-07-23 08:13 PM
    we were all once noobs lol.. made plenty of mistakes.. but ive never been in a situation where i couldnt restore my phone back to factory settings and start all over again
    2009-07-23 08:14 PM
    hey one more question.
    i already have a firmware on my iphone. do i need to restore through itunes before proceeding onto quickpwn or not??
    thnx=)

No, you do not need to.

Just have a copy of it on your computer and you're good to go...

and use RedSn0w for 3.0
    2009-07-23 08:15 PM
    but quickpwn doesnt let me continue the procces.
    2009-07-23 08:17 PM
    but quickpwn doesnt let me continue the procces.
    Don't use QuickPwn... if you're on 3.0. and/or have the newest iTunes (8.2)
    Use RedSn0w
    2009-07-23 08:19 PM
    nah i dont want 3.0. its my mates iphone and he doesnt wanna wait, i hardly know anything, he knows less, so he asked me, he only downloaded firmware 2.2.1 and he want it, he said hes brothers iphone is on a 3.0 firmware and its screawed in some way, i dont know how but thats what he said. so he want me to jailbreake it to 2.2.1, so do i need to restore through itunes before proceeding with quickpwn???
    thnx
    2009-07-23 08:24 PM
    nah i dont want 3.0. its my mates iphone and he doesnt wanna wait, i hardly know anything, he knows less, so he asked me, he only downloaded firmware 2.2.1 and he want it, he said hes brothers iphone is on a 3.0 firmware and its screawed in some way, i dont know how but thats what he said. so he want me to jailbreake it to 2.2.1, so do i need to restore through itunes before proceeding with quickpwn???
    thnx

Yep, you'll need to restore it to 2.2.1 first before using QuickPwn. DFU to restore.
    Let us know if you need help figuring out how to downgrade.
    2009-07-23 08:39 PM
    yeah thanks, iv just tried to downgrade through itunes, but it doesnt work, how do i downgrade it? oh and whats DFU???
    2009-07-23 08:41 PM
    Uninstall iTunes 8.2, download and install iTunes 8.1, then DFU (press and hold Home and Power buttons for exactly 10 seconds, then release ONLY the power button). Google it for more info on getting the phone into DFU mode.
    2009-07-23 08:55 PM
    DFU mode
    INSTRUCTIONS
    Step 1. Turn off iPhone
    Step 2. Hold down the power and home button.
    Step 3. When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but continue holding the home button down.
    Step 4. Open iTunes and wait for it to tell you that it detects iPhone in restore/recovery mode.

Alternative Method:
    Step 1. Connect iPhone to USB then listen to the sound when it connects and disconnects.
    Step 2. Hold the home and power buttons until hear the disconnect sound then release power button.
    Step 3. Wait until you hear another sound then release home button.
    2009-07-23 09:08 PM
    do i need itunes 8.1 or is itunes 8.0 okay?
    2009-07-23 09:12 PM
    DFU mode
    INSTRUCTIONS
    Step 1. Turn off iPhone
    Step 2. Hold down the power and home button.
    Step 3. When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but continue holding the home button down.
    Step 4. Open iTunes and wait for it to tell you that it detects iPhone in restore/recovery mode.

Alternative Method:
    Step 1. Connect iPhone to USB then listen to the sound when it connects and disconnects.
    Step 2. Hold the home and power buttons until hear the disconnect sound then release power button.
    Step 3. Wait until you hear another sound then release home button.

Stop giving away answers!!! I was trying to make him/her work for it.
    2009-07-23 09:20 PM
    LOL =)
    so is itunes 8.0 okay or not???
    2009-07-23 09:22 PM
22 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD