I had a 3g that I jailbroke with redsnow the first time I jailbroke it and eventully it went into recovery mode and I had to completely resore it. The next time I jailbroke it I use pwntool and my macbook pro. It did the same thing except it would not restore and I had to get a new one. Does all jailbreaking methods for 3.0 firmware produce unstable phones or do you believe I just had a bad phone. Has anyone else had their phones going into recovery while jailbroke on 3.0 firmware?
    2009-07-26 03:18 AM
    ^Never. And it only happened to me once on 2.x.x. 3.0 is a very stable jailbreak, in my opinion (as long as you do everything right of course).
    Respect your elders.
    2009-07-26 03:21 AM
    ^ ditto, sometimes shiat happens, but nothing DFU and a clean OS won't cure typically.
    2009-07-26 03:24 AM
    okay. I have a macbook pro and pc's running xp and vista. What would be a recommended program for jailbreaking in my situation? any pros and cons to any particular programs?
    2009-07-26 03:34 AM
    My choice would be the Mac or XP, some have had problems with Vista and also using Safari for D/L-ing the .ipsw files.
    2009-07-26 03:38 AM
    Recommended for the actual jailbreak would be the Dev-team's Redsn0w 0.8...

You can find it in the downloads section of MMi, I believe. Very self-explanatory and there is a guide in the previous news that details the process.
    Respect your elders.
    2009-07-26 03:47 AM
    ^ yuppers.
    Dev team torrents.
    2009-07-26 03:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD