Dear Members
    I am scared to jailbreak my iphone 3GS, i dont need to unlock and att is my carrier and i dont want to use any other simcard. I only want jailbreak.

Here are some of my questions.

1) Will the jailbreak make my battery life worse? Some people said that their battery drains very fast.

2) Can DFU mode break the iphone in anyway?

3) Can iphone be break if you dont take the ibec and ibss files properly?

4) Can jailbreak make wifi and signal worse??

These are some of my confusions i have, cause i dont want to brick my iphone.
    2009-07-26 03:29 PM
    no, no, no and no

regarding 3): you will need those two files to jailbreak future releases. you do NOT need them on 3.0, but you can only obtain them on 3.0 because once you upgrade to stock 3.1 firmware you are unable to jailbreak anymore.
    2009-07-26 05:04 PM
    are u sure? have u jailbroken 3gs? and how is battery on it?

i have a new question, can mobilesubstrate make any inssue on iphone 3gs????????
    2009-07-26 06:20 PM
    A Jailbreak is perfectly safe and if anything, the issues come from people restoring from a backup (which is never a good idea).
    I would definitely say go for it, the benefits outweigh the risks, and if anything happens, a restore through iTunes will bring it completely back to its unjailbroken state.

MobileSubstrate shouldn't cause any issues
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something
    2009-07-26 07:52 PM
    Disable 3G before jailbreak? Does it matter if I disable it after the jailbreak.
    2009-07-26 08:04 PM
    Disable 3G before jailbreak? Does it matter if I disable it after the jailbreak.
    Random... but you only have to disable 3G if you are trying to use T-mobile USA. It doesn't matter WHEN you disable 3G, but until you do, you won't get signal.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something
    2009-07-26 08:30 PM
    Just jailbreak it
    2009-07-26 08:31 PM
    are u sure? have u jailbroken 3gs? and how is battery on it?

i have a new question, can mobilesubstrate make any inssue on iphone 3gs????????
    I will have a jailbroken 3gs in a few days. And yes I am sure. The battery drainage is a problem in 3.0 that affects both jailbroken and non-jailbroken iphones.
    2009-07-26 09:04 PM
    i am getting a 3gs in on tues, i have jailbroke a itouch before but not a phone and am reading a lot about "capturing 2 files iBSS and some other one" during DFU mode during the jailbreak, and that if i don't do this i won't be able to upgrade to anything after 3.0, is this still an issue or does the new purplera1n or redsnow fix this. I just don't want to eff up my phone. is there a good tutorial on how to do this all the ones i have read are very vague.
    P.S.
    I am going through AT&T so all I really need to do is JB it.
    2009-08-07 11:34 PM
    ^yes getting the two signed files (iBSS and iBEC) is still necessary on the 3GS
    iClarified has some good tutorials, and you can't really eff up your phone through this since you're not really messing with your phone.
    2009-08-08 01:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD