What does this do exactly, free memory obviously but like on the phone whats done when I click this? Is it good or bad to be doing, deletes or leaves stuff behind on the phone?
    2009-07-31 09:47 AM
    +1. I wld like to know too. It seems to work sometimes but not always. How does it free up the memory? Thx
    2009-07-31 09:52 AM
    Cant beleive nobody knows ?
    2009-08-01 03:41 AM
    Well im guessing that just like in the SB Settings from bigboss or planetiphone on cydia when you go to process you can see what all is still running in the background and end them.. Much like a normal computer when you get too much going on your resources are low and things tend to drag on and you eventually need to clear out what is going on that you were not even working on to get back up to speed..

For instance if you have SB Settings then make a call, hang up then get on safari and look around a few pages and then end that ..now open SB Settings and processes and you will see that even though you have stopped safari it is still running... and taking up memory..

This one from what i think simply stops all unactive processes thus clearing up some memory, it might even find spaces like a defrag would and cleans that up to for a better flow which gives you better performance as well..

Hope that helps..

Erik
    2009-08-01 03:51 AM
    Not sure exactly, but whatever it does, it works well. I get 60-62 mb available memory through SBSettings, not bad considering i have winterboard installed as well . This is on a 3G also.
    2009-08-01 03:54 AM
    When SBSettings frees memory, it frees up inactive RAM. Basically it's memory that has been used by an application and "archived" as such to allow quicker access to that application/process. There are apps like MemoryInfo that will free up active RAM by force quitting applications and restarting base apps like Phone and Mail.
    Until the next time… And if I help you out, give me a "Thanks!" Thanks!
    2009-08-01 07:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD