So i don't want to do the 3.0.1 upgrade because i don't want to re-jailbreak my iphone. i just wanted to know if anybody knows if its possible to somehow just install the sms fix via ssh. I'm just s novice at this but i've been able to update other settings with ssh. does anybody have any ideas on this, is it even possible?
    2009-08-01 05:51 AM
    Nope. I'm just going to wait for 3.1 and re-jailbreak. There is too much system stuff that changes to try to manually update.
    Until the next time… And if I help you out, give me a "Thanks!" Thanks!
    2009-08-01 06:36 AM
    According to a few members here and what I read from saurik, there may be a fix released in Cydia with in a week.
    Yup, I was just in Cydia and he has a note about 3.0.1, says there should be a fix soon.
    2009-08-01 06:44 AM
    Cool. I missed that bit in Cydia.
    Until the next time… And if I help you out, give me a "Thanks!" Thanks!
    2009-08-01 07:04 AM
    sweet, a fix thru cydia would be better, otherwise just waiting till 3.1 like scoops said
     White iPhone 3Gs - 32Gb 
    2009-08-01 07:18 AM
    being a total n00b, and never having an iPhone till the 3GS (so never having JB'ed, then updated, then JB'ed again) i have a few questions:
    1)Does it get rid of all ur cydia packages ? or just cydia, so that once re-JB'ed all files will still be there waiting ?
    2) could i backup everything (through an app, or itunes) then be able to "restore" the packages and phone to the way it was ?

PS: sorry if wrong topic, category or if u feel i've taken over ur thread
    2009-08-02 12:46 AM
    ^France, what a sh1t hole, lmao.
    If you wait for the fix in Cydia, you will not lose any J/B apps. But if you restore you will lose all 3rd party apps.
    There are 2 apps available in Cydia called Aptbackup and PkgBackUp ($1.99) that will aide in re-installing your 3rd party apps.
    Meh, I prefer to do it manually.
    2009-08-02 12:53 AM
    LOL. I miss France
    We used to go there every year until my Grandma died.
    Haven't been there since I was eight, now my dad is trying to get his siblings to come visit us HERE
    One of the families is coming monday

I think I'm going to wait for Saurik's fix, there's really nothing they can do to my iPhone and nothing private on there =)
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something
    2009-08-02 01:29 AM
    3.01 is WORTHLESS! Don't bother. No one is going to hijack your phone. Calm down.
    2009-08-02 01:37 AM
    ^ true dat brah.........................0_o
    2009-08-02 01:39 AM
    lol, not panicking. just trying to forsee future problems. Thanks for the answers. And yes, France is a sh!thole. i desperately want to get outta here (i'm british/american)
    2009-08-02 02:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD