Well, I used to use quickPwn, for my iPhone 3G, wasn't a hassle, since the 3.0 came out and I updated my iPhone, I'm having trouble with redsn0w.

You see, I've been looking through it, you update your iPhone to the lastest firmware and download redsn0w and the firmware you have correct?

Well I did that, I downloaded Redsn0w and the firmware I have, which is 3.0.1(7A400), I opened up Redsn0w, browsed for the firmware which I placed on my desktop and it's giving me this crappy error.

Unable to recognize specified IPSW

Please help?
    iPhone 3G 3.0.1 (7A400)
    2009-08-01 01:58 PM
    me too!
    2009-08-01 02:18 PM
    because redsn0w doesn't work on 3.0.1? what makes you think it does?
    2009-08-01 02:27 PM
    you have right... i read the dev team blog again and i realize i missunderstood the "trick"...

Thank U BlackWolf
    2009-08-01 02:33 PM
    because redsn0w doesn't work on 3.0.1? what makes you think it does?
    Just because a lot of people have been going on about it, so what to do I do now?

Oh and another thing, if I jailbreak my iPhone does the celluar network stay? or dissapear, since in QuickPwn it stayed, no hassle.
    iPhone 3G 3.0.1 (7A400)
    2009-08-01 03:49 PM
    Just because a lot of people have been going on about it, so what to do I do now?

Oh and another thing, if I jailbreak my iPhone does the celluar network stay? or dissapear, since in QuickPwn it stayed, no hassle.
    you can't do anything, you will have to wait for a 3.0.1 jailbreak like the rest of us ... though personally I think 3.0.1 isn't worth the hassle of upgrading

what exactly do you mean by "does the celluar network stay"? yeah, you can still make calls etc. after you jailbroke (of course), if that's what you meant
    2009-08-02 01:57 AM
    When redsn0w asks for the ipsw file give it 3.0
    It'll work fine and the SMS fix will stay.

Yes the cellular network stays (?!?!)
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something
    2009-08-02 01:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD