I want to update to 3.0.1 from 3.0 after the SMS fix came out but what exactly are the benefits of restoring to 3.0.1 rather than upgrading? I always see that when doing a new jailbreak, it's best to restore.

The reason I'm asking this is because it takes so long to add all my sources to Cydia, download all my games, my mods, etc. and either would like to know why it's better to restore or how to save most of my applications I've downloaded at least.
    2009-08-03 02:03 PM
    It would screw up your phone. For example, all installed cydia apps would be lost, but they would still be marked as "installed" in cydia ... stuff like that. restoring is much cleaner.
    2009-08-03 04:21 PM
    So is there any way to keep all my apps I've downloaded from Cydia or .ipa files via SSH or something before I restore?
    2009-08-03 07:53 PM
    Always “Restore” never “update” an update will mean you lose all your space where your jailbreak apps were installed. The files will be present but no longer available.
    Here us a thread about pulling all the files from your phone and restoring them and a restore and re-J/B
    2009-08-03 08:03 PM
    Yeah that link I think is more about SMS and contacts. I'm tlaking about aps I have installed (.ipas) where I have levels unlocked, etc. which won't be there when I reboot. Correct?
    2009-08-03 09:37 PM
    Somebody said a bad word...
    2009-08-04 12:03 AM
    ^ yuppers, but no link or discussion really so no worries.
    2009-08-04 12:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD