User Tag List

hi i just restored my iphone 3g in order to get 3.0.1 jailbroke and everything worked out fine but then i went onto cydia downloaded ********** a theme etc. I rebooted springboard and everything was fine then i went onto winterboard and tried to set a team but when i pressed the home button the little circle in the middle of the screen stayed there so i thaught dhs. But now when i go onto the logo after about 30 secs that circle appears in the middle of the logo and it wont load.

Ive tried restoring but my itunes stops responding if you could help me turn it on or even restore that would be great, Thanks
    2009-08-08 09:40 PM
    Welcome to MMi,
    Sorry to hear your having problems. I would suggest that you put the phone in DFU mode and restore. Also make sure you set it up as a new phone, do not sync from a backup. In case you need them, here are instructions for DFU mode.
    DFU mode
    INSTRUCTIONS
    Step 1. Turn off iPhone
    Step 2. Hold down the power and home button.
    Step 3. When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but continue holding the home button down.
    Step 4. Open iTunes and wait for it to tell you that it detects iPhone in restore/recovery mode.

Alternative Method:
    Step 1. Connect iPhone to USB then listen to the sound when it connects and disconnects.
    Step 2. Hold the home and power buttons until hear the disconnect sound then release power button.
    Step 3. Wait until you hear another sound then release home button.
    smaller sig.png
    2009-08-08 09:44 PM
    i restored it and it worked fine but after about 30 mins when i went to restart through cydia exact same thing happened i am restoring again now any idea on how to stop it happening?
    2009-08-08 11:17 PM
    After you did the restore, did you setup as a new phone.
    2009-08-08 11:22 PM
    eh nope should i this time? and can i still use my current itunes acc?
    2009-08-08 11:23 PM
    Always setup as a new phone not from a backup.
    2009-08-08 11:27 PM
    Welcome to MMi,
    Sorry to hear your having problems. I would suggest that you put the phone in DFU mode and restore. Also make sure you set it up as a new phone, do not sync from a backup.
    ah yup. dude
    smaller sig.png
    2009-08-08 11:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD