User Tag List

hey. ive been trying to jailbreak my iphone 3g about 6 times now.. and im really stuck on DFU mode. i try and try and try again.. and my timing is right...I THINK... but thats the only part i cant pass. soo someone help me pleaseeee. btw i have been doing this procedure: power button 5 seconds, both buttons 10 seconds, and home button 30 seconds.
    2009-08-15 02:49 AM
    Is it that your not getting it in DFU mode or the jailbreak is not recognizing it in DFU. What are you using to jailbreak, redsn0w? If so it explains the process in each page. More info please.
    smaller sig.png
    2009-08-15 02:56 AM
    i am using redsn0w 0.8 and im not sure what firmware i should DEFINATALLY use.. i have the iphone 3g on version 3.0.1(7A400)i tried to use 3.0 firmware and when i do the procedures after it, it tells me that please look on google or youtube to get into DFU mode.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    i am using redsn0w 0.8 and im not sure what firmware i should DEFINATALLY use.. i have the iphone 3g on version 3.0.1(7A400)i tried to use 3.0 firmware and when i do the procedures after it, it tells me that please look on google or youtube to get into DFU mode.
    Last edited by brandonl12; 2009-08-16 at 03:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-08-16 03:40 AM
    DFU mode
    INSTRUCTIONS
    Step 1. Turn off iPhone
    Step 2. Hold down the power and home button.
    Step 3. When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but continue holding the home button down.
    Step 4. Open iTunes and wait for it to tell you that it detects iPhone in restore/recovery mode.

Alternative Method:
    Step 1. Connect iPhone to USB then listen to the sound when it connects and disconnects.
    Step 2. Hold the home and power buttons until hear the disconnect sound then release power button.
    Step 3. Wait until you hear another sound then release home button.
    smaller sig.png
    2009-08-16 04:51 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Have you searched on youtube how to get into dfu mode? its really easy when somebody else is doing it literally in front of you, with the same phone.

But your saying your on 3.0.1 right now, and you would like to jailbreak it?

I don't remember redsnow asking to look on google or youtube to get into dfu mode, i think it walks you through it. But i could be wrong.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!
    2009-08-16 04:55 AM
    ^ your correct, it doesn't tell you to look on Google. lmao
    smaller sig.png
    2009-08-16 04:57 AM
    yes. i looked on several vids on youtube to get into DFU mode... by several i mean like 20... but after i do procedure it says... fail to get into DFU mode. go to google or youtube for help.
    2009-08-16 10:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD