Hi guys I've a 3G 2.2 which I jailbroke thanks to excellent help here. I've got a bunch of stuff on it I really love (like SBS settins, categories, 5 dock icons, and a bunch of other apps) but I didn't pounce on 3.0 when it first came out because obviously 3.0 will not run everything I currently have (jailbreak or kosher software) so now I've waited a while my question is:

Are the benefits of 3.0 (and the extra software available) worth the sacrifice of losing some of my old functionality? Is a jailbroken 3.0 now more worthy than a jailbroken 2.2?
    2009-08-16 04:30 PM
    its only worth as much as you believe it is.
    The only thing i personally had to sacrifice was keyboard layouts, everything else, everyone has already ported from 2.2.1.
    3.0 is very much worth it. The spotlight feature has saved me tons of time, landscape texting/emailing when at home. its a great upgrade, and if you have the time, you should definitely upgrade.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!
    2009-08-16 05:34 PM
    Custom SMS sounds are now 5+ seconds (were 30+). For me, spotlight is limited. It doesn't doesn't search all contact/calendar fields. There are other minor anoyances, but 2.x support is sure to go away quickly. Best to bite the bullet and upgrade and hope the jb'ing community fills in the 2.x holes.
    2009-08-16 06:54 PM
    Custom SMS sounds are now 5+ seconds (were 30+). For me, spotlight is limited. It doesn't doesn't search all contact/calendar fields. There are other minor anoyances, but 2.x support is sure to go away quickly. Best to bite the bullet and upgrade and hope the jb'ing community fills in the 2.x holes.
    we will.. It took us a while to get 2.0 running properly when we all had to make the jump from 1.0. i'm sure by the time we hit 3.1, or 3.1.1, we will have everything we used it.

Never had a problem finding something with spotlight... but then again i probably don't have as much information on my phone, as you do. ( i use my computer for calendar organization)

but also searching in ipod is a great feature (for me), the audio scrubing is great, i use the shake to shuffle feature sometimes,

and i don't know if it was possible in 2.2.1, but deleting the language packs in 3.0 makes a huge difference.

I didn't know about the 5 second custom sms tones thing, i hate long sms tones anyway though lol
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!
    2009-08-16 07:01 PM
    ... and i don't know if it was possible in 2.2.1, but deleting the language packs in 3.0 makes a huge difference.
    It helped w/2.2.1 too.
    ...I didn't know about the 5 second custom sms tones thing, i hate long sms tones anyway though lol
    I've changed. Now my default sound is short .... but reminder sounds are long. The default 2-limit is crazy. At least we have notifier to customize this gap Thanks to the great David Ashman
    2009-08-17 03:33 AM
    Thanks guys, I'm appreciating the input.
    2009-08-17 11:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD