Okay so I have a 2g and its unlocked/jail broken and im on t-mobile.. Well i recently upgraded to the new 3.x from 2.x and i now have a problem with my messaging. I can send msgs fine but it takes forever to receive them. And when im talking to a few ppl and i msgs them all like 20min later i will get a text from all of them an the same time. Anyone have the same problem? Any sugestions?
    2009-08-20 05:38 AM
    Did you restore from a backup? That always causes problems on a major FW upgrade, you should set the phone up as new (after restoring, not upgrading the FW) and then synch all your apps, contacts, music etc from iTunes.
    You will lose settings and photos (these can be copied off your phone before restoring) and Texts.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2009-08-20 11:27 AM
    yeah thats exactly what i did. So should i just restore it then unlock it and jail break it again?
    2009-08-20 04:15 PM
    yeah do it that way. ive had the same issue as the phone before this one was teh same as yours. do a dfu restore and then set it up as a new phone. if all your contacts are synced with like outlook or some other program just sync them taht way instead of doing it through an itunes backup. hope this helps
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.
    2009-08-20 04:18 PM
    Alright thanks, and for some reason since i upgraded to 3.x my battery wont charge up past half way. idk if a restore will help fix that problem or what.
    2009-08-20 05:09 PM
    let your battery drain ALL the way dead. i mean DEAD. so it turns itself off. then try to turn it on again. it will fail. then plug it in and wait for it to boot. that SHOULD fix the battery issue. i suggest doing that before you do the restore. so drain the battery...charge it a bit, and then do the DFU restore
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.
    2009-08-20 07:11 PM
    Alright so how am i supposed to get all the contacts back onto my phone...All my contacts are saved on my Outlook express. idk if theres a way to transfer them to the phone or what.
    2009-08-20 11:08 PM
    Did you not synch your contacts through iTunes?
    You can Synch to Outlook but not OE
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2009-08-20 11:14 PM
    Alrighy thanks i got everything working> Now that i upgraded to the 3.0FW for some reason i cant Download SwirlyMMS (since i use that for my pic msg). Idk if any of you have had the same problem and fixed it or??
    2009-08-21 03:35 AM
    You don't need Swirly, MMS is supported with 3.0 in the Messages app.
    2009-08-21 03:43 AM
    Well i dont have it...Is there something i need to download to get it
    2009-08-21 04:04 AM
    in the messages app, in the text input box there should be a little picture of a camera on the left side of the input box.
    There are many threads on this also if you did a search here.
    2009-08-21 04:15 AM
    but there isnt......so heres another question. Im trying to get the ispazio repo. but trying to add it in(ispaziorepo.com/cydia/apt/) and its not working. Do you know why?
    2009-08-21 04:29 AM
    It seems that that repo has been down for several days now. Not sure why but have read several threads about other members having the same problem.
    MMS, are you on AT&T or T-Mo? As I said if you do a forum search you can find several threads about this also.
    2009-08-21 04:37 AM
    Im on t-mobile. And yes i have read several threads about this and some say its down and some say they have go it working so im not exactly sure whats going on...
    2009-08-21 04:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD