I jailbroke/unlocked my iphone, but I'm not sure what to do from here. I have wi-fi on, which works great with my secure wi-fi verizon modem at home ( i figure out to put the SSID and password in ). but how do I get the internet service?

Do I just call tmobile and purchased the internet services, which I saw on there web site as :

T-Mobile Smartphone Unlimited Web
    Our web2go services deliver effortless access to the entire Web, optimized for your T-Mobile Smartphone.
    $24.99

so do they set it up or do I need to do something first?

Does that program have text messages?

will I be able to use the 3g feature for the web. I saw their site map for 3G which included dallas, tx and denton, tx or do I have to use "edge" because it a iphone on a tmobile network?

Last question, do I need the net for email and text message. I see under setting➡➡network➡cellular data network, something further down call " VPN ( not configured ) and data roaming ( off ) and above "cellular data network" , " enable 3g ( on )-is this correct?

Any hekp will be appreciated.

Thanks, Austin
    2009-08-25 06:22 PM
    What plan are you on?

You can get web2go for 9.99 or 19.99 for web and text. Texting requires cellular data services, mail only needs wifi. You can't have 3G anywhere in the USA on the iPhone on T-Mobile because T-Mobile's 3G is not supported on the iPhone. iPhone runs on certain frequencies that T-Mobile does not... so T-Mobile's 3G only works on T-Mobile phones.

The smartphone plan as I've observed from many others is hardly any different than the regular 9.99 web2go plan for regular phones (such as razrs) it just requires a different APN. 9.99 APN for T-Mobile is internet2.voicestream.com and the smartphone plan APN is epc.tmobile.com.

MMS set up can be found around these forums somewhere.

Data roaming needs to be on for your internet to work. Make sure your 3G is turned off or it won't work.

You can go online to your account and add/remove features such as texting or web. If you changed your phone on your account to say a Razr you should be able to add the 9.99 plan. Tmo will probably try to make you get the smartphone plan (because after a few calls they figure out what phone you have) but if you really do wanna talk to them to tell them to do it, be persistent. You don't really HAVE TO HAVE the smartphone plan on your iPhone, regardless of what they say.
    2009-08-31 07:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD