I jailbroke/unlocked my iphone, but I'm not sure what to do from here. I have wi-fi on, which works great with my secure wi-fi verizon modem at home ( i figure out to put the SSID and password in ). but how do I get the internet service?

Do I just call tmobile and purchased the internet services, which I saw on there web site as :

T-Mobile Smartphone Unlimited Web
    Our web2go services deliver effortless access to the entire Web, optimized for your T-Mobile Smartphone.
    $24.99

so do they set it up or do I need to do something first?

Do i need to do something else to have text on the iphone or just order from them? have text messages?

will I be able to use the 3g feature for the web. I saw their site map for 3G which included dallas, tx and denton, tx or do I have to use "edge" because it a iphone on a tmobile network?

Last question, it seems I need the net for email and text message based on tmobile web site, is this correct?

. I see under setting➡➡network➡cellular data network, something further down call " VPN ( not configured ) and data roaming ( off ) and above "cellular data network" , " enable 3g ( on )-is this correct?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks, Austin
    2009-08-25 06:30 PM
    Well...a lot of questions. Let's try to deal with a few.
    1 - If you are properly connected to the WiFi ... Internet should be working!! If it does not ... something is wrong, check again (maybe the router is blocking?) It has NOTHING to do with the carrier.
    2 - VPN should be NOT set
    3 - Roaming. Is just for connections to foreign (out of the country networks) Should be OFF - unless you want to experiense sky high charges when abroad.
    4 - Personally, I do not care if it is 3G or EDGE. 3G has lousy coverage and drains the battery really fast compared to EDGE.
    5 - As for Data on T-Mobile. Just ask them for the APN settings when opening an account. (APN ~password etc to connect)
    6 - Email will work on WiFi - and on the Data network if you have the plan. (Email is an Internet application.....)
    Last edited by sursture; 2009-08-25 at 07:08 PM.
    Do hope that helps

**uoʇʇnq „sʞuɐɥʇ„ ǝɥʇ ʇıɥ puɐ puıʞ ǝq noʎ pǝdןǝɥ sɐɥ ǝuoǝɯos ɟı**

2009-08-25 06:54 PM
    Thanks sursture for your quick reply, well appreciated.

1 - If you are properly connected to the WiFi ... Internet should be working!! If it does not ... something is wrong, check again (maybe the router is blocking?) It has NOTHING to do with the carrier.

my wifi is working. I was able to use it at home, but I have not use it anywhere else. I try at work, it fond the hospital server, but it was lock. So it seems to be working fine. I'm sorry is I miscommunicated this info.

2 - VPN should be NOT set.
    will do. thank you.

3 - Roaming. Is just for connections to foreign (out of the country networks) Should be OFF - unless you want to experiense sky high charges when abroad.

Thank you, now I understand. I thought it was for when I'm driving around on the countryside.

4 - Personally, I do not care if it is 3G or EDGE. 3G has lousy coverage and drains the battery really fast compared to EDGE.

Ok I leave it off 3G. I noticed my battery drain fast, when I ask my at & t friends, no one had a answer.

5 - As for Data on T-Mobile. Just ask them for the APN settings when opening an account. (APN ~password etc to connect)

Data? Is this the same as saying " internet services" ? "APN"-I see under setting➡➡network➡cellular data network, THERE I see APN, username and password. Is this the area you are talking about?

6 - Email will work on WiFi - and on the Data network if you have the plan. (Email is an Internet application.....)

Again, this thing about "DATA' plan is that the same same thing I listed in my earlier post that i saw on tmobile website:

T-Mobile Smartphone Unlimited Web
    Our web2go services deliver effortless access to the entire Web, optimized for your T-Mobile Smartphone.
    $24.99

or is this programs just to have me spending a lot of money? Please bear with me. Your knowledge is worth more than gold? I want the net. I just need to figure how to do it ? I'm not a heavy user. I use the ipod section of my phone extensively.

The ultimate way to stay connected—with work, family, friends, and more. Send and receive e-mail, stay in touch via popular IM providers, and visit your favorite Web sites. We offer a variety of plans to fit your particular phone and your needs. Depending on which one you choose, your Internet & E-mail plan may include unlimited Internet access, unlimited messaging, and unlimited e-mail.

web2goSM
    web2go unlocks the power of the real Web—and brings it right to your phone. With better browsing, a customizable home page, speedy mobile search, and access to your T-Mobile account, everything you need is at your fingertips. web2go services come bundled with messages for value and convenience.

T-Mobile Total Internet includes unlimited Internet access on your phone, along with unlimited Internet access in T-Mobile HotSpot locations. Access your e-mail or browse the Web on your phone, or log on to wireless broadband access from a T-Mobile HotSpot in one of thousands of locations around the world using your Wi-Fi-enabled device.

T-Mobile HotSpot provides a reliable broadband wireless Internet connection with next-generation speed—great for everything from checking your e-mail to instant messaging to enjoying streaming video or sound. You can also connect to your corporate network, so you can get work done even when you’re on the move.

T-Mobile HotSpot keeps you connected in thousands of convenient locations like Borders® Books & Music stores, FedEx OfficeSM, hotels, airports, and the airline c

username and password-is this the same as my tmobile web site to get to their server or exactly what is this for?

Thank you again,

Austin

I just found this site today. Apparently I didn't scroll far enough down to see there was a tmobile forum. I'm going to move this thread to the proper forum. Thanks for your help and I'm sorry for posting in the wrong area.

Austin
    Last edited by has55; 2009-08-25 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-08-25 08:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.