User Tag List

My phones been acting wonky, so I restored it and tried to take it back to the Apple store for a replacement.

Problem is the stupid MMI app that changes the Carrier name stayed there so they knew my phone was jailbroken.

Now I want to rejailbreak it and fix the carrier name but I can't seem to find any information on Jailbreaking a 3G S with 3.0.1. Purplera1n is not working anymore and information that is out there seems to be buried beneath hundreds of pages of useless information.

I just want to get rid of the stupid custom carrier name and get a new phone. How do I get rid of it?

PLEASE HELP! URGENT.

My phone basically doesn't work. Wifi is dead and there is no 3G or cell signal in my area.
    Winning a fight on the internet is like winning a medal in the Special Olympics.
    At the end of the day, you're still a retard.
    2009-09-05 12:14 AM
    Redsn0w from the iPhone Dev Team. You know their blog right?
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something
    2009-09-05 12:33 AM
    Aww Thank you! I know the blog! Lets hope this works. I have the worst luck with this stuff.
    Winning a fight on the internet is like winning a medal in the Special Olympics.
    2009-09-05 12:37 AM
    Also, when redsn0w asks for the ipsw file, give it 3.0
    It won't remove the patch or anything...
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something
    2009-09-05 01:05 AM
    The Video I watched said I download the 3.0.1 so I did (via safari) and that didn't work because safari sucks balls and automatically decompresses files. So now I am doing it via Firefox. But I should be downloading the 3.0 and not the 3.0.1? Where do I find that?

Ok It's not working. RedSn0w won't recognize the firmware bundle. My phone is essentially dead. I don't know what to do.
    Last edited by seandiego; 2009-09-05 at 01:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-09-05 01:44 AM
    Use redsn0w 0.8.....restore your phone to 3.0.1 and point redsonw to 3.0 and let it do it's job.
    2009-09-05 02:01 AM
    It's not recognizing it because you gave it 3.0.1
    you need to give it 3.0
    2009-09-05 06:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD