I have tried everything. DFU mode, recovery mode, restore mode, different USB slots, different PCs, uninstalling Itunes and reinstalling, redsn0w 7-8, fw 3.0-3.0.1.

It's my friends iphone, it's a brand new 3g 16 gig from AT&T. It came with 3.0, he upgraded to 3.0.1 then he tried to jailbreak using redsn0w (not sure which version). After he tried that, it rebooted into white screen (stuck in recovery mode).

Sometimes I can get it to the restore (itunes/usb ) screen, sometimes not. In the last 24 hours, I managed to get it to start the restore (3.0.1), then 1/4 finished, it rebooted to white screen. ONCE it went thru the whole jailbreak process (redsn0w v.7), then rebooted fine. As soon as I tapped on Contacts on the springboard, it rebooted to white screen. I can hear WIN XP Pro sp3 "seeing" the unit as it gives the connected, disconnected sounds.

I have been getting the various errors in itunes, 1604, 20, etc....all totally arbitrary. I know the screen is ok and not broken, and he told me it's never been dropped. I know the usb cable is working as I use it to synch my iphone.

I am using the newest version of Itunes. I have worked on about 50 iphones 2g, 3g, 3gs and never had this problem before. My ipsw files are not corrupted, I know how to do the various steps. I have upgraded, downgraded, jailbroken, backed up, restored many phones with 100% success.

I have researched this on google and tried about 20-30 different methods. Anyone seen this before and know how to solve it?
    2009-09-08 02:14 AM
    wow, brand new huh? SOunds like you have done it all. Usually errors in the 20's spell death for a iPhone. If it's new why not get it replaced?
    2009-09-08 02:49 AM
    wow, brand new huh? SOunds like you have done it all. Usually errors in the 20's spell death for a iPhone. If it's new why not get it replaced?
    I spoke with owner and he will either wait until he goes back to the States, or get the comm board replaced here in Manila, Philippines for about $100. That's one cool thing about living here, they do component level repairs for cheap, on almost anything.
    Last edited by drummer10630; 2009-09-08 at 03:04 AM.
    2009-09-08 02:56 AM
    thats cheep, but it should be under warranty right?
    2009-09-08 02:59 AM
    thats cheep, but it should be under warranty right?

He says yes, but I guess he doesn't want to wait? The only thing I didn't try, was to use an older version of Itunes and an older fw. Can't see how that would work given what I have tried...

edit: older version didn't work either. I guess my last option is to try doing it on a MAC...
    Last edited by drummer10630; 2009-09-08 at 07:37 AM.
    2009-09-08 05:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD