Hello Community,

I have a question,and would like an Honest answer.Does a jailbroke iphone work,Seriously I have jailbroken 2 iphones in the last week( different models,1 was 3GS) the first phone had no sound whatsoever,,and froze up constantly,,and yes every forum on the web says

restore
    plug headphones in real quickly
    reset all settings

All supposed solutions didnt work

The 2nd phone jailbroke properly flies compared to last phone,although now phone functions have no sound,unless in speakerphone mode,and camera shutter will not open

restore
    try snapture from cydia to see if that works,etc
    possible water damage,,well i havent been swimming with my iphone,,so highly doubt sensor has been tripped

None of these solutions worked,,You look around various forums,,and when you do a search,,the threads come up all over the web,,but nobody has definitive solution.

I understand the risk in jailbreaking/unlocking. Im just asking has anyone ever did the redsnOw 0.8 and have it work properly with ver 3.0 or 3.0.1
    2009-09-11 01:52 AM
    Of coarse they work, there are hundreds of thousand that are jailkbroken.
    Are you setting these phones up as New, or restoring from a back-up? Restoring from a back-up causes many of these symptoms you mention.
    2009-09-11 02:18 AM
    Just try downloading another firmware file from a different source. Make sure it is for your model phone. Do a full DFU restore and setup the phone as "New phone" Make sure you are using a Apple USB cable and are connected to a USB port not a hub.
    2009-09-11 02:19 AM
    ... plug headphones in real quick?
    who suggested that?
    2009-09-11 02:38 AM
    Thanks for the replies,I have followed the proper steps,and both jailbreaks were succesful as far as the phone is concerned,,I have tested just about everything with both phones,,and camera shutter closed,,sound issues,and spekerphone only in order to hear callers,,are all standard questions on every iphone board out there,,so Thats why i posed the question? The phones functions all work,,and are very fast,including cydia,,and itunes I have had no freezing issues,,just the shutter,,and speakerphone issue are the ones I cannot deal with,as I use both frequently.I have setup both phones as NEW when you plug in the phone to Itunes via apple transfer cable. It says restore,,or setup as new,,I have always iused new option,,and have tried different firmware downloads,,RedsnOw has recognized everytime

Am I possibly missing a step? is there a step by step guide from the phone in hand to jailbroke? but then again if I wasnt doing it right,,Would i have gotten this far,,with tmobile service working on both,,along with cydia application? Just Curious

Thanks Again
    Last edited by bldblu; 2009-09-11 at 02:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-09-11 02:51 AM
    well, this would be pretty bad luck, but it could be a hardware problem on one or both phones
    2009-09-11 02:53 AM
    It's most likely a hardware problem. Jailbreaking shouldn't do this
    2009-09-11 03:23 AM
    If its a hardware issue,,Is there anbody that repairs these phones,,I dont have warranty through apple. I just want to salvage something,otherwise im out 300.00

Thank you

also would updating to 3.0.1 through itunes possibly help,,I have 7A341 3.0 now,,and then jailbreak with redsnOw using the 3.0 firmware
    Last edited by bldblu; 2009-09-11 at 04:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-09-11 04:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.