I have a 3Gs running 3.0 and I already have my IBEC & IBSS but forgot to get my ECID. Can I still get it? When I try the code on purplera1n I get an error so is there any other way to get the cert?

Also I have a friend who is running 3.0.1 and didn't get his IBEC/IBSS/ECID. Can I still do a DRU and get the files? And will this force an upgrade to 3.1?

Thanks in advance.

35mmslr
    2009-09-11 11:23 AM
    you can't get the ECID, but I think you don't need it if you have the ibec & ibss. it's all you need.

your friend is out of luck for now, you can just hope that the dev team comes up with an unlock for the new baseband
    2009-09-11 12:18 PM
    Thanks Blackwolf.

Thought as much. Now 2,000,000 JB'ed iPhone users are waiting on the Dev Team. No pressure then
    2009-09-11 12:24 PM
    Thanks Blackwolf.

Thought as much. Now 2,000,000 JB'ed iPhone users are waiting on the Dev Team. No pressure then
    yep

well, as far as I know 3.1 was already jailbroken and unlocked when it was in beta, so I guess it's just a matter of testing and putting together the new tools (especially the whole ibec & ibss stuff).
    I sure hope it doesn't take too long though ... I'm still waiting for 3.1 to improve my battery life ... let's see if it really does.

anyway, I guess the dev team will come up with solutions soons :-)
    2009-09-11 01:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD