User Tag List

I made the mistake of installing Supreme Preferences 3.0 on my phone, and it completely jacked my phone. I can't install apps or programs any more, I can't even move or rearrange my icons.

Obviously a restore is in order, but when I shift click and select the IPSW I downloaded from here I get the following message:

Now while the phone is still semi functional, ie it still works fine, but if I respring nothing works, and I have to hit the phone icon and then hit the home button, it kicks me to the lock screen and all is well again. But I not being able to move or add anything is quite annoying. I don't really want to wait for the new jail break to use my phone like normal, so any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
    2009-09-14 01:24 PM
    Do a little search you cannot go back to 3.0 Apple has blocked it you have no choice but to take 3.1 but if you do chanes are you will not be able to jailbreak again
    2009-09-14 01:25 PM
    I don't have itunes 9 installed, nor do I have 3.1 downloaded, I thought you could shift click and restore to 3.01 or 3.0...I am not currently on 3.1 so what gives?
    2009-09-14 01:38 PM
    I don't have itunes 9 installed, nor do I have 3.1 downloaded, I thought you could shift click and restore to 3.01 or 3.0...I am not currently on 3.1 so what gives?
    iTunes contacts Apples server before restoring ANY firmware, and because of this, they have BLOCKED users with a 3GS to restore to anything other than 3.1.
    So basically you either wait till saurik posts details on how to downgrage back to 3.0 on a 3GS (since he successfully found a way to do it) or you wait till the dev-team release the tools for jailbreaking 3.1. :/

Hope it helps

EDIT
    In case you might think that "but what if I unplug my computer from the internet connection?"... well I'm sorry to say but iTunes will NOT continue, since it MUST check the server.
    So, in case you are a reverse engineer, you could find a way to debug iTunes and skip this check.
    But other than that, you'll have to wait.
    Last edited by jdys_1991; 2009-09-14 at 03:04 PM.
    2009-09-14 03:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD