ok here's my situation, im hoping someone can help.

My 3gs took a dump and i am now stuck at the endless looping apple logo.

My FW in 3.0.1 JBed with Redsn0w and the 3.0 FW.

I have tried:
    -SSHing in and cleaning up my "com.apple.springboard.plist" file. didn't work
    -Moving the watchdog file to another location and rebooting. did't work.
    -renaming the applications folder to something else. didn't work.

so HOW can i do a restore to 3.0.1 without iTunes?

obviously i don't want to update to 3.1

someone out there must have made an app that mimicks iTunes and will allow FW flashes without contacting Apple. or even hacked iTunes.

is there some way i can HARD RESET the phone like you can with a pocket PC/windows mobile phone? IE: no PC required?
    2009-09-16 08:13 PM
    I was stuck in that same place. I hope you have not yet updated to 3.1 =\

try using quickpwn, i had the same thing happen to me just this morning. I was sure i was going to need to update to 3.1.... tried quickpwn instead.

ver: 2.2.5-2

all i did was:
    get into recoverymode (itunes/usb logo)
    plug in with usb
    start up quickpwn
    follow onscreen directions (get into DFU mode - hold pwr/home for 15 sec and then just home for 2)
    quickpwn was able to bounce the phone and run in normal... hope that helps..
    2009-09-16 09:25 PM
    Same situation here, tried this but the software just causes an error and quits before anything happens

I was stuck in that same place. I hope you have not yet updated to 3.1 =

try using quickpwn, i had the same thing happen to me just this morning. I was sure i was going to need to update to 3.1.... tried quickpwn instead.

ver: 2.2.5-2

all i did was:
    get into recoverymode (itunes/usb logo)
    plug in with usb
    start up quickpwn
    follow onscreen directions (get into DFU mode - hold pwr/home for 15 sec and then just home for 2)
    quickpwn was able to bounce the phone and run in normal... hope that helps..
    2009-09-23 02:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD