9.02 is fine.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2009-10-31 10:19 PM
    9.02 is fine.
    Ive just read that on the 3GS its a tethered jailbreak does that mean that everytime i reboot etc i have to rejailbreak it ?
    2009-10-31 10:56 PM
    It's only a tethered JB for the new iBoot. You have the old one so will be fine.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2009-10-31 11:01 PM
    I have iphone from AT&T version 3.1 tried this method but it didn't worked please advice what I'm doing wrong, when trying to restore via 8.2 itunes it gives an error 1601, after closing that did redsn0w win 0.8 screen goes black and nothing happens please advice.
    2009-11-01 04:31 PM
    guys i struggled with all these advice etc but then went on to youtube and tyed in blackra1n jailbreak (i have 3g 3.1.2)

i got a link there watched a video and did it in less than 40seconds!

my advice GO TO YOUTUBE and watch the vids there better
    2009-11-01 05:24 PM
    guys i struggled with all these advice etc but then went on to youtube and tyed in blackra1n jailbreak (i have 3g 3.1.2)

i got a link there watched a video and did it in less than 40seconds!

my advice GO TO YOUTUBE and watch the vids there better
    Yes I did it through blackra1n but unfortunatley bootloader is 06.04 so i cannot unlock it.
    Last edited by sdinesh; 2009-11-02 at 12:30 AM.
    2009-11-02 12:19 AM
    can anyone send me a link to a custom firmware to 3.1.2 please?

i am going to upgrade my JB from 3.0 to 3.1.2 using blackra1n...i want to update to 3.1.2 using a custom firmware and then proceed to the JB. and lastly...will this firmware change my baseband or will it remain the same?

thanks!
    Last edited by miyan; 2009-11-08 at 06:39 PM.
    2009-11-08 06:07 PM
    Distributing custom FW might be illegal so no respectable site will allow links or even pointers as there is a very good chance Apple would try and shut them down and the cost of defending a legal action without being certain of success is prohibitive.
    2009-11-08 10:20 PM
    This worked very well! However, I have a huge problem and need some help!

I just got my iphone 3g and jailbroke it yesterday, everything well and good.
    But, I accidentally clicked the update in itunes, therefore ruining everything I just did!
    I restored it completely back to official up to date and went to re-jailbreak it, but a little over halfway through of restoring the official 3.0 (I know it works since I used it last time, but I'm trying to find others just in case) is gives me an error code.
    Help please!
    Can I not jailbreak it anymore?
    2009-11-10 09:41 PM
    This worked very well! However, I have a huge problem and need some help!

I just got my iphone 3g and jailbroke it yesterday, everything well and good.
    But, I accidentally clicked the update in itunes, therefore ruining everything I just did!
    I restored it completely back to official up to date and went to re-jailbreak it, but a little over halfway through of restoring the official 3.0 (I know it works since I used it last time, but I'm trying to find others just in case) is gives me an error code.
    Help please!
    Can I not jailbreak it anymore?
    Apologies in advance for straightforwardness, but HOW THE HELL DO YOU ACCIDENTALLY CLICK THE UPDATE BUTTON? This is one habit you should probably try to get to breaking

Because of blackra1n's versatility, I would just update to 3.1.2 (blackra1n only works for 3.1.2). It's fully jailbroken and has all the new features etc etc.
    2009-11-10 09:46 PM
    haha no need to apologize
    It was 3am and I was so tired from trying to jailbreak the phone for several hours, so when it popped up I just kinda hit Ok.
    lol

I'm trying it one more time from a mac to see if it works, but if not, I will look into the blackra1n, thank you.
    2009-11-10 10:08 PM
    If you updated in iTunes you will have updated your BB so 3.12 and either JB with pwnage or BlackRa1n are your easiest options - why bother to go back to 3.0?
    2009-11-10 10:14 PM
    haha no need to apologize
    It was 3am and I was so tired from trying to jailbreak the phone for several hours, so when it popped up I just kinda hit Ok.
    lol

I'm trying it one more time from a mac to see if it works, but if not, I will look into the blackra1n, thank you.
    Is your phone already on 3.1.2? If so, just get blackra1n. It is a single button. Take a look:

That's it. You click the button and it does everything. (Jailbreaking sure has come a long way from installing OktoPrep and baseband downgrades from Installer, hasn't it? =] )
    2009-11-10 10:15 PM
    Oh, wow, that's so much easier! Thanks guys!
    I'm downloading Blackra1n now =]
    2009-11-10 10:30 PM
    2009-11-10 11:24 PM
    soooooooooooo..........is my best option finding a custom 3.1.2 firmware? or is updating straight through itunes to 3.1.2 my best option?

if i update through itunes it'll change my baseband correct? will i then be able to use blackra1n (since i'm on windows)........AND....the million dollar question: this all applies to the iphone 3G S right?

excuse my ignorance...i've been trying to get a straight answer on how to jailbreak from 3.0 to 3.1.2 and i cant seem to get a straight answer...or just dont see it being directed towards me

thanks
    2009-11-11 09:18 AM
    How old is your 3GS? From week 40 they have a new iBoot which causes problems.
    If it's pre week 40 you have 2 options as you said.
    If you use pwnage then you can always try NlackRa1n after if you want. If you try BlackRa1n you can not then use pwnage if you have problems.
    2009-11-11 09:42 AM
    dude......... u r the mannnnn..... i was like breaking my head from yesterday on how to do it...... just saw this forum little late....anywayzzz thankzz a ton.... u rock
    2009-11-16 05:35 PM
    Hello

Firstly this forum is a life-saver.I haven't seen such a detailed forum about iphone jail breaking anywhere.

Let me start by telling you that i am a new comer to this forum and this is my first post.So please be patient to read through the entire post and help me.

SO i had recently brought iphone 3g version 2.0 or 2.0.1(something like that).I tried upgrading it through itunes and ended up getting the itunes and a wire logo on it (asking me to connect my iphone to itunes)....so i suppose it didn't upgrade properly or whatever.....so i didnt know what to do ..i tried connecting it to itunees and upgrading and everything but nothing worked......until i found about your forum .now since my iphone already showed the itunes and the wire logo ..i downloaded redsnow 0.8 and then used the ipsw file titled iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw.....i had downloaded files for 3.1 and 2.2.1 but redsnow didn't recognize the files.i followed all the instructions and using redsnow and the iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw file and then my iphone works now but it doesn`t allow me to make or recieve calls or detect wi fi ( it doesn`t detect signal for both)

Note that i didn't use the custom 3.1 file because redsnow didn't recognize it .
    Also i was very thankful to your team that after i used redsnow and that file ..,i didn't loose any of my contacts,photos ,applications,messages ,anything from my iphone

Now currently my iphone 3g is on version 3.0.1(7A400) with carrier 4.0 and modem firmware 04.26.08
    Also i live in the united Arab emirates and use the network Du ( in case that helps )

Please note that i ONLY used redsnow and the file iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw

Also i read in some of the posts that i need to use the 3.1 custom firmware file via itunes ...can you mention which itunes are you talking about ....because in some of the posts it clearly says we have to use itunes 8.2 or below for these purposes.Also i had downloaded both icy and cydia when using redsnow to jailbreak my iphone 3g

REPLY SOON ASAP
    HELP ME

PLZ
    Last edited by noofr; 2009-12-11 at 11:07 PM.
    2009-12-11 05:49 PM
    I've read through multiple pages of this thread but I really don't want to read all 30. I need my phone to be unlocked because I have t-mobile so I should not upgrade to 3.1 yet because although it has been jb'd it still hasn't been unlocked yet. correct???
    2009-12-30 03:23 AM
476 ... 122021222324
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD