It seems I missed that on my down laod.

Apparently I downloaded the custom 3.0 and I need the official 3.0 I swear that's what I read bur I was wrong

sorry for wasting your time on silly questions like that one.

I will now pay attention and do as you say.
    lol it's no big deal. But trust me, if you follow all the steps in order it will work. I promise. I wouldn't have spent time writing it and responding to other users that need help if it didn't.
    2009-09-19 10:05 PM
    Im Canadian and on the rogers network I hope I don't have the issues another Canadian user did in this thread.

downloading iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore.ispw

that's the right one lol
    2009-09-19 10:15 PM
    Im Canadian and on the rogers network I hope I don't have the issues another Canadian user did in this thread.

downloading iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore.ispw

that's the right one lol
    thats correct. that file will get you back to official 3.0
    after you do a restore to that official firmware, you will then open redsnow and select that same firmware again.
    Redsnow will jailbreak your 3.0 and once you are 3.0 jailbroken, you can shif click + restore in iTunes 8.2 and finally select the custom 3.1 firmware you found.
    2009-09-19 10:39 PM
    It worked perfect but like the other Canadian I also have no phone or internet I see no bars even connected to my wifi

EDIT: (but I have some kind if internet connection I just don't know how strong)

I'm also with rogers.

You suggest I look for another iphone 3G custom 3.1 firware

What a long process huh?

My friend says it's like a 5 minute process lol yeah right huh?
    Last edited by lol_release; 2009-09-19 at 11:30 PM.
    2009-09-19 11:24 PM
    FYI don't try to run redsn0w with the 3.0 firmware image if you are still running the 3.1 image... it will temp-brick your phone and you'll need to restore. i n00b'd that one...
    2009-09-19 11:32 PM
    I was thinking I would grab the new firmware for 3.1 as suggested to the other Canadian and restore from it.

Think that will work?

Wish that Canadian would had posted the success of their attempts
    2009-09-19 11:35 PM
    at step 13, I the "update" button is dimmed and it seems to want to force me to "restore to the latest version"... is there something i'm missing there?

nevermind i'm an idiot... waiting for itunes to restore to the custom image now...
    Last edited by danielpops; 2009-09-20 at 12:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-09-20 12:18 AM
    no go for me i tryied it 4 times always ends in error 2002
    2009-09-20 01:22 AM
    OK so if you follow the steps in order as the original poster has presented them, it works great.
    A few words of caution -- don't use ultrasn0w to unlock ( if you're with Att like i am anyway ) ... i had service just fine and this appeared to hose the iphone's ability to lock a signal. Also, as has also been said already, if you restore to the 3.1 custom firmware, and you have ATT and you don't have service, you need to find a different custom firmware.
    2009-09-20 01:35 AM
    I can personally attest to this working. Its a process for sure, but works flawlessly. CAUTION, you really need to be carefull of where you download the ipsw file from. I had a friend, who has a mac, custom one for me. I followed the instructions here to a tee and bammmo it works!! GREAT JOB man!!!
    2009-09-20 01:40 AM
    Hello all.. first time user on this site, i was looking at this forum and followed step by step on how to unlock my iphone 3.1 using windows xp... i followed every step but when i got to step 14 and it went back to itunes with 3.1 firmware installed it asked me if i wanted to restore to a previous iphone setting or to start off with a new one... this is where i got lost, i tried both and ended up just having a restored iphone without cydia or anything... can someone please tell me what im doing wrong? is it the 3.1 file that isnt good? cause everything worked until i was asked to restore or start a new phone the 2nd time...i'd greatly appriciate the help to jailbreak my phone....Oh also, by the way im in Toronto using Rogers... Thanks
    2009-09-20 01:52 AM
    sounds like the firmware image to me ( likely simply doesn't have cydia installed )
    2009-09-20 01:53 AM
    Hi there,

First: working? YES, i can positive confirm this on my 3G in use with iTunes 8.2.1.6!

Let's say you were my last resort!

My Jailbreak 3.1 history (For those who are interested in):

First lets go 5 days back.

I've just updated my itunes to version 9 and made one last backup.

At this time i was thinking it would be only on mac os x possible to jailbreak with 3.1, but should not be a problem to get it working because of the simlock-free iPhone.

But my pc's all have windows systems. I thought the only possibility for me would be to create a virtual mac os x machine.

I've started to install a max os x leopard within my vmware. Only this took me 3 days and a lot of frustrated hours until i had my mac os x working virtual on my win7.

But finally i had a running mac os x with correctly to my host (win7) mapped usb ports. Hey wow, i relly had a perfect working mac os x on my win7 now ;-)

At this time i've read in a post that i should update my iphone on the regular way via iTunes and then just upgrade the custom firmware with the restore mode method.

I've started to map my iphone to the virtual os x machine and iTunes 8 on the virtual machine recognized my iphone perfectly. I made the upgrade from 3.0.1 jb to 3.1 now via the virtual os x and through mapped usb ports.

After this has been finished successfully i had my iphone on 3.1 but of course not yet with the jb.

on the virtual machine i've created now my custom firmware with the pwnage tool. Also this worked perfectly.

And now i made the biggest misstake. I've also updated my iTunes to version 9 in my virtual max os x.
    I tried to put my iphone in dfu and in restore mode to restore the custom firmware for about 20 times. I had all errors 16xx. No success.

Then i copied my cfw from the virtual mac os x host via usb stick to my win7 host. I tried to upgrade with the cfw in itunes 9 on my win7.
    Still no success. Another 20 times without luck. Then i started vmware.
    For any reason this worked (dont know why but it only worked when i had my vmware but without the virtual machine running.)

I had success. My iphone was on 3.1 and jailbreaked. But i was not lucky due to i used the basic mode in pwnage and didnt had custom logos.
    Really a very small thing... but because of the logos i've decided to pwnage again in the expert mode and created a new cfw.

Now i've tried to restore with the new cfw in Itunes 9 on both machines, win 7 and my virtual mac os x.

A bad decision for me. For almost the next 2 days i had quite all itunes errors. No way. DFU mode, restore mode nothing worked for me and always when itunes tried to go in dfu mode i had the message on my windows about "this device can perform faster". On my virtual max os x the same: now way itunes errors only.

The only thing really ever worked was the restore with the original 3.1 firmware.

But then, two days later and this is now i've found this thread here and it solved my problem from the first time on!

That means, i've downgraded my iTunes to 8.2.1.6 on my Windows 7 and took finally my cfw made with pwnage in vmware max os x leopard 10.5.5.

And success!

So thanks a lot! Really my rescue!

have fun!

mr.magic
    Last edited by mr.magic; 2009-09-20 at 03:03 AM.
    2009-09-20 02:58 AM
    several more times no go for me ...i do find it strange or i never noticed but itunes wont let me shift update/restore in any way inless im conected to internet ......any thoughts on that ???
    2009-09-20 04:03 AM
    OK so if you follow the steps in order as the original poster has presented them, it works great.
    A few words of caution -- don't use ultrasn0w to unlock ( if you're with Att like i am anyway ) ... i had service just fine and this appeared to hose the iphone's ability to lock a signal. Also, as has also been said already, if you restore to the 3.1 custom firmware, and you have ATT and you don't have service, you need to find a different custom firmware.
    You are absolutely right about the service thing. Thank you for pointing that out for other users who might encounter that issue. It's great when people like you add to the conversation. It really helps others learn from others situation. Thank you!

Hi there,

First: working? YES, i can positive confirm this on my 3G in use with iTunes 8.2.1.6!

Let's say you were my last resort!

My Jailbreak 3.1 history (For those who are interested in):

First lets go 5 days back.

I've just updated my itunes to version 9 and made one last backup.

At this time i was thinking it would be only on mac os x possible to jailbreak with 3.1, but should not be a problem to get it working because of the simlock-free iPhone.

But my pc's all have windows systems. I thought the only possibility for me would be to create a virtual mac os x machine.

I've started to install a max os x leopard within my vmware. Only this took me 3 days and a lot of frustrated hours until i had my mac os x working virtual on my win7.

But finally i had a running mac os x with correctly to my host (win7) mapped usb ports. Hey wow, i relly had a perfect working mac os x on my win7 now ;-)

At this time i've read in a post that i should update my iphone on the regular way via iTunes and then just upgrade the custom firmware with the restore mode method.

I've started to map my iphone to the virtual os x machine and iTunes 8 on the virtual machine recognized my iphone perfectly. I made the upgrade from 3.0.1 jb to 3.1 now via the virtual os x and through mapped usb ports.

After this has been finished successfully i had my iphone on 3.1 but of course not yet with the jb.

on the virtual machine i've created now my custom firmware with the pwnage tool. Also this worked perfectly.

And now i made the biggest misstake. I've also updated my iTunes to version 9 in my virtual max os x.
    I tried to put my iphone in dfu and in restore mode to restore the custom firmware for about 20 times. I had all errors 16xx. No success.

Then i copied my cfw from the virtual mac os x host via usb stick to my win7 host. I tried to upgrade with the cfw in itunes 9 on my win7.
    Still no success. Another 20 times without luck. Then i started vmware.
    For any reason this worked (dont know why but it only worked when i had my vmware but without the virtual machine running.)

I had success. My iphone was on 3.1 and jailbreaked. But i was not lucky due to i used the basic mode in pwnage and didnt had custom logos.
    Really a very small thing... but because of the logos i've decided to pwnage again in the expert mode and created a new cfw.

Now i've tried to restore with the new cfw in Itunes 9 on both machines, win 7 and my virtual mac os x.

A bad decision for me. For almost the next 2 days i had quite all itunes errors. No way. DFU mode, restore mode nothing worked for me and always when itunes tried to go in dfu mode i had the message on my windows about "this device can perform faster". On my virtual max os x the same: now way itunes errors only.

The only thing really ever worked was the restore with the original 3.1 firmware.

But then, two days later and this is now i've found this thread here and it solved my problem from the first time on!

That means, i've downgraded my iTunes to 8.2.1.6 on my Windows 7 and took finally my cfw made with pwnage in vmware max os x leopard 10.5.5.

And success!

So thanks a lot! Really my rescue!

have fun!

mr.magic
    I'm so glad this helped you! Thanks for having faith in such a long process. It will be much easier for those waiting for an updated redsnow but as you have shown, if you take the time and follow the steps correctly...it DOES WORK! Thanks for contributing your story for us!
    Last edited by Phillip84; 2009-09-20 at 04:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-09-20 04:10 AM
    Help. Redsnow keeps freezing on Uploading ramdisk for me. Any thoughts? this is the first 3.1 I have tried JB. I have successfully JB and unlocked 3 others but none of them have had any problems, but they were not updated to 3.1.
    2009-09-20 04:23 AM
    If your using the 3.1 you have to restore back to the official 3.0 then proceed with the steps mentioned.

I've successfully done mine 2 times it's the phone that I cannot get to work... the 3g network!

Is this what the unlock procedure is about?
    2009-09-20 04:31 AM
    Help. Redsnow keeps freezing on Uploading ramdisk for me. Any thoughts? this is the first 3.1 I have tried JB. I have successfully JB and unlocked 3 others but none of them have had any problems, but they were not updated to 3.1.
    ok first to get a few thing out of the way upfront...what operating system are you using? and when you click "browse" at the beginning of the redsnow process, you select apples official 3.0 firmware correct?

From what you said about your previous history of jailbreaking, i know you know what you are doing. I don't mean for these questions to make it sound like you are clueless. Just wanted to make sure I'm on the right page with you.

If your using the 3.1 you have to restore back to the official 3.0 then proceed with the steps mentioned.

I've successfully done mine 2 times it's the phone that I cannot get to work... the 3g network!

Is this what the unlock procedure is about?
    From my personal experience with that same problem (and other users), the reason for that issue is the 3.1 custom firmware you found. It took me 3 different tries to find a custom 3.1 that gave me a signal when i was finished. If you got to that point, you have done everything correctly. You just have to find a better 3.1 firmware file.
    Last edited by Phillip84; 2009-09-20 at 04:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-09-20 04:38 AM
    Hi Phillip84,

Thanks for the reply I really appreciate it I've been at this for about 8 hours today LOL

I've downloaded 2 different firmwares and still no go. I did the rapid share and a torrent file version.

How can we tell the difference between them? Are they are all named the same?
    2009-09-20 04:41 AM
    I think i might have gotten past it. It looks as though it is JB 3.0 now. All I did was try again. Same files but it looks to be working. I'll let everyone know the outcome. thanks for the quick response.
    2009-09-20 04:43 AM
476 1234513 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD