im currently on 3.0.1 jailbroken, and im about to upgrade to 3.1. how can i back up my cydia apps and app store apps? is it possible to save my highscores on all my games? what about my cydia add ons like ssh, winterboard themes etc.?
    thanks in advance
    2009-09-19 05:57 AM
    im currently on 3.0.1 jailbroken, and im about to upgrade to 3.1. how can i back up my cydia apps and app store apps? is it possible to save my highscores on all my games? what about my cydia add ons like ssh, winterboard themes etc.?
    thanks in advance
    I think there is a Cydia app that backs up all cydia related info. Unsure of the name of it though. I have read a few threads saying that winterboard doesn't work in 3.1 yet and that ssh won't work in iTunes 9 (if you decide to use version 9 that is). Since u can't restore from backup after you jailbreak, I don't think high scores and such, will transfer over. You might want anothr opinion other than mine though.

thanks in advance

Try doing one of the following. I googled it and found these two options:

Option #1
    SFTP into your iPhone and backup all apps you've installed via Cydia that are in the directory above.
    Also backup the folder called "apt" in /private/etc/
    Restore Pwned firmware or new firmware them QuickPwn it, and SFTP in and copy back your apps and the "apt" folder to their correct directories and let Cydia update everything.

Option #2

You can install "AptBackup" (use Cydia and search for it) and it will backup a list of al the apps you've installed via Cydia. That list then gets backed up when you do a normal backup to iTunes. Then after you have to restore your iPhone, use AptBackup to restore the list and Cydia will install them all back at the same time.
    Last edited by Phillip84; 2009-09-19 at 06:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-09-19 06:38 AM
    Aptbackup and pkgbackup have been reported as not working and causing the spinning wheel of death on 3.1
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME
    2009-09-19 06:52 AM
    Aptbackup and pkgbackup have been reported as not working and causing the spinning wheel of death on 3.1
    thanks for the heads up!
    im going to try doing option 1 for now and see if that works.
    2009-09-19 07:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD