hi everyone

I have a problem with my 3G (jailbroken) iphone battery, suddenly yesterday it went down to 5% from 50% and whenever I put it in charger it does not charge full, sometimes it charge to 40% after a reboot and some times it stays at 2% but on both cases it goes back to 1% in less than 10 min (standby)...

I tried the wall charger, USB on different computers... both chargers (wall and USB) work fine with my brother 3GS...

please help as I can't use the phone like this and itis not under warranty so I can't simply ask for battery replacement... I read most of the articles in the net about this issue (not very much over there) and tried everything with no luck

any idea how to get it back...
    2009-09-23 11:21 PM
    It's kind of a known issue, several threads about it here on the forum also.
    What firmware are you running?
    2009-09-23 11:34 PM
    3.0.1 with chailbreak...

it was working fine, I didn't install any app in the last 2 weeks, normal phone usage, suddenly it started acting like that

any idea...
    2009-09-24 10:31 PM
    Well, doing a fresh restore and setting up as a new phone and then jailbreak again. If problem continues it may be a hardware/battery issue.
    2009-09-24 10:35 PM
    will I be able to restore to 3.0.1 again (what about the apple not signing old versions issue)!!!!

I don't want to upgrade to 3.1 to loose my unlock and jailbreak, what to do, besides I have many applications stored will the restore delete them????
    2009-09-25 01:41 AM
    Sure, it's not a problem with the 3G, only the 3g[s]
    2009-09-25 01:43 AM
    hi everyone,

I am writing this to tell you that my battery problem was solved...

I didn't do something special, but I did these steps many times so I don't know which one caused the resolution, I am listing all what I did may be it help others:

1- soft reset (press home+power for 10 sec, then release both on the same time when the phone goes off)
    2- put the phone on DFU mode and tries to restore using itunes, but didn't restore (to put in DFU mode: unplug the usb cable, hold the home button, plug the usb cable while holding the home button untill iTunes recognize the iphone in recovery mode)
    3- change the usb cable (although right now both cables are working fine)
    4- I was in UAE when this problem happend then I moved to egypt (maybe the power difference was the issue)

anyway, I just wanted to thanks everyone who guided me and I am happy to have my iphone back
    2009-09-30 03:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD