Okay, soo my friend jailbroke my iphone [2g] about 2 days ago, and i was using it but the speaker and earpeice didnt work, soo i reseted it because i read thats what fixes it. After i reseted it, i turned it on and it just stays on the apple logo and the loading circle, and it doesnt move from there, it just restarts after a while by itself. Anyone know what to do please?
    2009-09-28 03:15 AM
    You can try doing a hard re-boot, holding power and home buttons but I doubt it will work.
    No choice but to put it in DFU mode, restore and re-jailbreak.
    2009-09-28 03:17 AM
    rebooting didnt work.

DFU mode is when it shoes the usb cable pointing to a itunes logo on the iphone right?

and i tried restoring but it says: There was a problem downloading the iPhone software for the iPhone. The network connection timed out. Make sure your network settings are correct and your network connection is active, or try again later.
    2009-09-28 03:28 AM
    What firmware are you on? 3.0 ? Here's a guide to jailbreak with links to everything you will need.
    DFU mode - A special mode in the device that bypasses the loading of the operating system for recovery purposes; in this mode, the screen of the device is blank

DFU mode
    INSTRUCTIONS
    Step 1. Turn off iPhone
    Step 2. Hold down the power and home button.
    Step 3. When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but continue holding the home button down.
    Step 4. Open iTunes and wait for it to tell you that it detects iPhone in restore/recovery mode.

Alternative method.
    Step 1. While the device is on, hold down the Sleep / Wake and Home buttons for exactly 10 seconds, the device will restart.
    Step 2. Release the Sleep / Wake button, but keep holding down the Home button for another 10 seconds.
    Step 3. Release the Home button.
    2009-09-28 03:32 AM
    Okay, now its in DFU mode, but its not blank. But how do i know what firmware i use, sorry im new to this iphone stuff >__<.
    2009-09-28 03:36 AM
    If it's not a blank screen you are not in DFU mode, try again.
    That's why I asked you what firmware you were on. 2.0,2.1, 3.0 etc. which one? Settings/General/About there you will find it.
    2009-09-28 03:43 AM
    When i do the steps for DFU mode, it shows an icon of an itunes logo on top, and an iphone USB pointing to it, under. and i cant go to settings because my iphone 2g [8gb] doesnt load.
    2009-09-28 03:50 AM
    Well then I guess I would suggest updating you iTunes to 8.2 and then restoring to 3.0 firmware. Here is a link to the iTunes update. Once you have iTunes updated you can connect your phone and restore to 3.0 then use the link to jailbreak and unlock if desired.
    2009-09-28 03:55 AM
    thanks a lot. ill let you know what happens.

its restoring now, atm =].

My other computer didnt do it properly which is why i think it took me soo long.

Im on another one now.
    Last edited by shawayne21; 2009-09-29 at 12:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-09-29 12:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD