im new to the iphone and i really dont know that much about them,but i just got an unlocked iphone 3g and im trying to use it with a tmobile sim card.where my service bars are supposed to be it just says "no service"please help me?thanks,in advance.and whenever i put in the sim card it says sim failure.
    Last edited by mack5975; 2009-09-29 at 02:49 AM.
    2009-09-29 01:53 AM
    Welcome to MMi,
    Your certain it is unlocked? Is ultrasn0w showing up in Cydia? Do you have the proper APN settings? On this page you can check to make sure you have them correct.
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2009-09-29 at 01:59 AM.
    2009-09-29 01:57 AM
    im postive that its unlocked but as i have already said im very new to the iphone and my cydia or internet on the phone isnt working.but there is a winterboard app.
    2009-09-29 02:05 AM
    Open Cydia, go to manage tab then packages (on the bottom) and then look to see if ultrasn0w is listed.
    If it indeed is, then go to Settings/General/Network/Cellular data and check to see if the proper AN settings are there for T-Mo
    2009-09-29 02:21 AM
    Open Cydia, go to manage tab then packages (on the bottom) and then look to see if ultrasn0w is listed.
    If it indeed is, then go to Settings/General/Network/Cellular data and check to see if the proper AN settings are there for T-Mo

there is no ultrasn0w
    2009-09-29 02:31 AM
    DO you have wifi? if so enable it on your phone, then open Cydia/Manage/Sources/Edit/Add then type in this http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com/ note: it is a Zero in ultrasn0w not an "O"

exit Cydia then check your APN settings as I explained above re-boot/re-start your phone.
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2009-09-29 at 03:09 AM.
    2009-09-29 03:07 AM
    DO you have wifi? if so enable it on your phone, then open Cydia/Manage/Sources/Edit/Add then type in this ultrasn0w.com note: it is a Zero in ultrasn0w not an "O"

exit Cydia then check your APN settings as I explained above re-boot/re-start your phone.

i turned on my wifi,and went to cydia/manage/sources/edit/add,then i typed in ultrasn0w.com but whenever it tried to verify the url,a message just popped up saying "did not find repository" but when i pressed okay to clear that message off the screen 'repo.666.ultrasn0w.com was in the list of installed by packages.

when i go to settings/network,there is not a cellular data to click on.
    2009-09-29 10:02 AM
    i turned on my wifi,and went to cydia/manage/sources/edit/add,then i typed in ultrasn0w.com but whenever it tried to verify the url,a message just popped up saying "did not find repository" but when i pressed okay to clear that message off the screen 'repo.666.ultrasn0w.com was in the list of installed by packages.

when i go to settings/network,there is not a cellular data to click on.
    search for "ultrasn0w" (remember the 0 again!) in the search tab in cydia. does it show up? if so, install it. if not, try to add the repo again. if that doesn't work ... you must be doing something wrong

btw, another possiblity would be to start from scratch and use PwnageTool (mac only) to jailbreak and unlock firmware 3.1. but you should only do that if you know how to!
    2009-09-29 01:17 PM
    Open Safari on your iPhone and put in http://www.unlockit.co.nz/unlockit/ - APN Changer for your iPhone. You will access the site and enter your APN settings that are needed. It works.
    2009-09-29 09:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD