If your one the idiots/newbies/dumbasses like me and let itunes automatically update your iphone 3G to 3.1 and now unable to jailbreak and even unlock it for your tmobile carrier then this topic is for you.

IT IS NOT OVER...Despite what people say, you can either hide your bricked Iphone and wait for a 3.1 [baseband 05.11.07] release or you can HOPEFULLY that your iphone is as lucky as mine. I was able to "downgrade" the baseband back to 04.26 while my Iphone remained a 3.1.

These are the links that helped me.

1)How To Downgrade iPhone 3.1 Baseband From 05.11.07 to 04.26.08 | The iPhone Blog by Simon

2)Download Pwnage Tool 3.1 For iPhone 2G 3G | iPhone

If You need 1-1 help with this, then feel free to hit me up on the forum or my email @ [email protected]

*I have used this method and is now using T-Mobile on a 3.1G I-phone.*
    2009-10-05 12:34 AM
    I'm an at&t customer so my question sorta relates to this topic

what would happen if like our friend here let itunes update my iphone 3G S to 3.1 (from 3.0) on an already jailbroken phone?

i lose the JB right? do i lose my text messages, contacts and everything in between?

only reason why i wanna do it is because of my ocd (mms need) which i probably wont use as much...but is it worth it? should i just wait for redsn0w to come out next year? haha
    2009-10-05 12:48 AM
    I'm an at&t customer so my question sorta relates to this topic

what would happen if like our friend here let itunes update my iphone 3G S to 3.1 (from 3.0) on an already jailbroken phone?

i lose the JB right? do i lose my text messages, contacts and everything in between?

only reason why i wanna do it is because of my ocd (mms need) which i probably wont use as much...but is it worth it? should i just wait for redsn0w to come out next year? haha

Well, I don't have much experience with an AT&T jailbreaking but I'm sure it applys the same. It is acknowledged on forums/sites that you can jailbreak 3.1 Iphones but my topic is mainly about people using other carriers outside of the I-Phone [T-Mobile and others] who are trying to "UNLOCK" their I-Phones however my sites tell you how to jailbreak too.

If you have the patience then obviously wait for the official release, I just couldn't sit and stare @ a bricked I-phone lol.

*Props to those sites by the way =D!
    Last edited by HAYitsREY; 2009-10-05 at 12:53 AM. Reason: Grammar.
    2009-10-05 12:52 AM
    you wont lose anything, except for cydia and any apps from cydia

you also don't need 3.1 for mms... look around for the updated at&t carrier file

you can enjoy 3.0.1 and full MMS
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!
    2009-10-05 12:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD