Hi, that is what I'm thinking about...

I have an Iphone 3GS with "the official" SIM Card.
    The phone is legally, bought legally BUT with a long CONTRACT.

I'm not going to pay the contract anymore.

Now I'm using another SIM with Ultrasnow. But whenever I upgrade my iphone this will ask for activation ( i did it before) with the official SIM.

Everyghint is fine, until now... I'm wondering.

Can Itunes Block the Activation Process?? what happen after I don't pay the contract, can iTunes block my iphone for activation Forever ?

I know I can use Custom Firmware... but so many people says have problems, I prefer use the classic method.

1- put OFFICIAL SIM
    2- ACTIVATE
    3- Jailbrak / install ultrasnow
    4- USE ANY SIM.

I will be able to continue using this method ?

thanks.
    2009-10-06 05:10 AM
    Go for it =P
    Question - are you still on AT&T or no?
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something
    2009-10-06 05:12 AM
    I have the SIM, but not using it...

What do you think?

thanks

I would like to save that file ( like SHSH on Cydia ) for activate the phone by myself... is that possible too?
    Last edited by vidix; 2009-10-06 at 05:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-10-06 05:21 AM
    IF the activation is blocked somewhen somehow (which I suppose won't happen as any AT&T simcard should activate the phone afaik) you can still hacktivate the phone via pwnagetool or redsn0w
    2009-10-06 01:30 PM
    thanks, I know how to use redsnow bur only for jailbreaking, where is the option for hacktivate with redsnow??, is using a custom firmware hacktivated?
    2009-10-06 05:53 PM
    thanks, I know how to use redsnow bur only for jailbreaking, where is the option for hacktivate with redsnow??, is using a custom firmware hacktivated?
    if you use redsn0w on an unactivated iphone it will automatically hacktivate it. in pwnagetool, there is a checkbox for that on the first settings page ^^

but, if you can activate through itunes, you should rather do that than hacktivate it!
    2009-10-06 06:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD