I had the 1st Gen. iPhone with whatever operating system came before 3.0. Then 3.0 came out, did the update and it wiped out the entire Jailbreak. I later then purchase an iPhone 3GS and restored from backup from the old phone. My problem still remains.

Well...here's my dilemma, I had Make It Mine as one of my Jailbreak apps which changes the carrier and banner on the phone, well for some reason the banner still remained changed. I cannot figure out for the life of me how to change it back to the time or just edit it in general.

So...I have an iPhone 3GS 16GB with 3.1.2 version software and my banner is still custom. How do I change the banner back to the time OR change it in general in case I wanted to modify it to something else?

Thanks in advance.
    2009-10-09 08:02 PM
    you will have to either restore it and setup as a new phone (do NOT use a backup) or.. Jailbreak and use the make it mine to change it again
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.
    2009-10-09 08:50 PM
    What he said that always happen to me too it's kook but just set. As new iPhone
    2009-10-09 08:54 PM
    If I don't restore from backup I will lose all my contacts, texts, call logs, etc.

I don't believe there's a Jailbreak for 3.1.2.
    2009-10-09 09:45 PM
    But you can SSH in and grab all the data and then SSH it back in.

1- SSH in to your phone and copy the entire /Users/Library folder to your computer

2- do a full fresh restore on your phone

3- set up as new phone in iTunes, do NOT restore from backup. Sync your mail and bookmarks.

4- Jailbreak your phone.

5- Go into Cydia and get your phone set up with OpenSSH.

6- Connect through open SSH to your phone and navigate to your /Users/Library folder.

7- Replace the mail, sms, safari, weather, addressbook, and call history folders with the one
    2009-10-09 10:05 PM
    First off, I probably have the least knowledge here about the iPhones and computers in general, but what is SSH? I did a quick search and so many things come up for that acronym. Secure shell?

With what you said, even if it does work, I don't believe they have a Jailbreak for 3.1.2 or do they? Also, I can't even get past the 1st step because I don't know what SSH means or how to do it?

Sorry, but I am a complete newbie.
    2009-10-10 12:21 AM
    First off, I probably have the least knowledge here about the iPhones and computers in general, but what is SSH? I did a quick search and so many things come up for that acronym. Secure shell?

With what you said, even if it does work, I don't believe they have a Jailbreak for 3.1.2 or do they? Also, I can't even get past the 1st step because I don't know what SSH means or how to do it?

Sorry, but I am a complete newbie.
    LMAO, no worries. Once you figure it out it will open so many doors for you and your phone.
    Yes, Secure Shell
    You need to install "Open SSH" from Cydia, then download WinSCP from here. Here is some info on SSHing also.
    If you need more help you can search the forum or post up again. Enjoy.

Also, I see that you have a phone for sale in your signature, per forum rules you must have a pic of the phone with your forum name in the pic also or it will be removed. Thx
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2009-10-10 at 12:47 AM.
    2009-10-10 12:44 AM
    When I Jailbroke my 1st gen. I used QuickPWN and Cydia. Within Cydia, I got MIM (Make It Mine). I'm under the impression to get Cydia back on the phone, I need to Jailbreak the phone. Isn't there not a Jailbreak for 3.1.2?

Phone for sale: I saw in one of the sections that you had to have at least 30 posts to post something up for sale, so I put it in my signature until I obtained enough posts.

So I need to take a pic of the box and then within the pic, have my display name in it? I don't want to mark on the box, so is a sticky note with it written on it sufficient?
    2009-10-11 09:21 AM
    Sorry everyone, but I'm still stuck on what to do. Again, I'm not as advanced as some of you are, so you literally have to break it down for me.
    2009-10-12 07:19 PM
    But you can SSH in and grab all the data and then SSH it back in.

1- SSH in to your phone and copy the entire /Users/Library folder to your computer

2- do a full fresh restore on your phone

3- set up as new phone in iTunes, do NOT restore from backup. Sync your mail and bookmarks.

4- Jailbreak your phone.

5- Go into Cydia and get your phone set up with OpenSSH.

6- Connect through open SSH to your phone and navigate to your /Users/Library folder.

7- Replace the mail, sms, safari, weather, addressbook, and call history folders with the one

Everything works for me except as soon as I copy over the SMS folder my camera icon goes away. This prevents me from sending any MMS.

You could even just manually store the SMS folder (same path as above) and restore it too, but it seems that picture messages won't send if you do that. But restoring just var/mobile/Library/SMS/sms.db works fine
    As L00i3 noted this may/may not be a known problem when copying the entire SMS folder over. However I tried just copying over the sms.db and ran into the same problem, camera icon disappears.

Beyond that once I've copied over either the SMS folder or just the sms.db file to my phone I can no longer send text messages. As soon as I try to send a text my Messages application crashes and I wind up back at the home screen. Anyone else experience this?

=======*Solved*===================
    So after a bit of trial and error I was able to solve my problem by logging in as "mobile" and not "root" when copying the sms.db file over to my phone. None of the other files I transferred over had a problem being owned by root. But that sms.db would crash my messages app every time. Now that it's owned by mobile everything works fine.
    Last edited by nikozen; 2009-10-12 at 10:01 PM. Reason: *Solved* updated for clarity
    2009-10-12 08:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD