Thanks mate i'll go ahead and do it then is there any news on an unlock?
    Thanks
    2009-10-11 11:46 AM
    Just to clarify for those who are unsure,

Don't install 3.1 and jailbreak with Blackra1n on windows if you need to maintain your unlock. As yet 3.1 baseband on the 3gs unlock cannot be maintained or carried out after JB on a windows pc.

In other words hold off upgrading to 3.1 and jailbreaking for the time being until we are told it is also unlockable. If an unlock doesn't matter to you or you are already on 3.1 go for it.

Emby
    Last edited by Emby; 2009-10-11 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Clarification
    2009-10-11 11:48 AM
    emby good thing man but you right and wrong at the same time. you can upgrade using a custom ipsw created with Pwnage tool and then use ultrasn0w for the unlock. with the custom ipsw you`ll upgrade the firmware but not the baseband.
    2009-10-11 11:58 AM
    Thanks for the correction!

In that case, where can we get the custom ipsw if we are on a windows machine as pwnage doesn't work on windows does it? How do we upgrade without using iTunes?
    can someone who has done this and msintained their unlock write a short tutorial?

Cheers
    2009-10-11 12:04 PM
    hey randers i need more info. add more device info into your user details please. there is a way, if you have a iPhone 3G, with bootloader 5.8 using fuzzyband, if this is your case; go google it man, your in luck. if not, you gonna have to wait.

iH8sn0w will be releasing a windows version of the popular Pwnage tool soon, and if not greenp0is0n is coming very soon. every custom ipsw is unique to every device that was made for so you can`t use someone else`s ipsw.
    Last edited by DJBBOX; 2009-10-11 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-10-11 12:09 PM
    Ah so what I said above in relation to those who don't have macs is right. For me (On a windows laptop) got to wait to be able to build a custom IPSW to be able to maintain the unlock.

Cheers
    2009-10-11 12:16 PM
    ohhh yes Sir, you are totally right, and wrong at the same time. lol depends on what device you have. if you have a 3G, you can use iREB to build your custom ipsw. i see you have a 3GS so thats not your case but it might be for some out there.
    2009-10-11 12:24 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD