i have a jb 3.1 phone running on the old baseband, i dont need to unlock, ever, so i'm wondering if there's a difference or benefit to upgrading to the new baseband. if theres no difference i suppose i can keep my redsnow jb, but if its beneficial to upgrade to new baseband, i'll just restore and use blackra1n. thanks for any info
    2009-10-11 10:53 PM
    Stick with 3.0 & redsn0w as long as you can. blackra1n isn't as quality of a jailbreak as far as I can tell.
    2009-10-11 10:55 PM
    it doesn't really matter. it won't improve your signal or call quality or anything. all they do is take out baseband comands to lower the chance of the dev team finding another exploit. but I don't think it has any actual effect.
    2009-10-11 10:57 PM
    well i wasnt planning on upgrading but i read somewhere there were cellular network connection issues where you'd get no connection until restart on 3.1, which i've experienced something of that sort, and supposedly 3.1.2 fixes that. and i'm kinda locked out of itunes, says i need to restore it to recognize it.
    2009-10-11 11:05 PM
    well i wasnt planning on upgrading but i read somewhere there were cellular network connection issues where you'd get no connection until restart on 3.1, which i've experienced something of that sort, and supposedly 3.1.2 fixes that. and i'm kinda locked out of itunes, says i need to restore it to recognize it.
    your decision. I personally wouldn't give up on the unlock, just because the phone is more usable and more valueable with an unlock. And I'm sure pwnagetool for 3.1.2 will come out shortly, which allows you to JB 3.2.1 and keep the UL
    2009-10-12 12:55 AM
    DO NOT UPDATE. an unlock is always useful. if traveling in other countries you can buy a sim for cheep and get a local number, if selling the phone to upgrade next year or so its easier to sell an unlocked version, hell if you get mad at att or they kick you out for tethering and using to much bandwidth or something its always best to have any phone unlocked.
    2009-10-12 03:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD