Hi guys, sorry if this is one of those forums where it's bad etiquette not to do everything through the search function, but things seem to change so much in Iphone jailbreaking that anything I find may be outdated.

I have a Iphone 3G running OS version 3.12 right now, and would to jailbreak it. I've seen alot of tutorials pointing me in different directions and I'm wondering what is my best, as well as safest best. I would appreciate all the help and council this very superb community can offer.
    2009-10-18 05:07 AM
    Have you tried blackra1n yet??? You can find it at blackra1n.org. I used it to jailbreak an iphone 2g and it allegedly works on all devices. FYI everything works perfect after jailbreaking on that iphone 2g...
    Jailbreak FTW!!!!
    2009-10-18 05:13 AM
    blackra1n

Click it. Download it. run it a bazillion times until the jailbreak actually works.
    2009-10-18 05:54 AM
    DO I need to backup my phone with a third party program? one of the tutorials mentioned that sort of stuff.
    2009-10-18 06:36 AM
    im stuck w error 13 could not restore....ggrrrrr
    blackra1n ??? downloaded....

god i feel stupid
    2009-10-18 08:00 AM
    im stuck w error 13 could not restore....ggrrrrr
    blackra1n ??? downloaded....

god i feel stupid
    Whoa, what does that mean?

You used Blackrain and now your Iphone is an unrestorable paperweight? Is this a risk of using the program?
    2009-10-18 08:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD