User Tag List

Hey everyone, i have a 3g(S) 3.1.2 firmware (natural) and i am trying to jailbreak using blackra1n, it says the jailbreak went fine but my phone never reboots. I have to restore with itunes. Ive tried it 10 times or so and same thing every time.

Anyone have any ideas? Please help
    2009-10-19 02:28 AM
    Hey everyone, i have a 3g(S) 3.1.2 firmware (natural) and i am trying to jailbreak using blackra1n, it says the jailbreak went fine but my phone never reboots. I have to restore with itunes. Ive tried it 10 times or so and same thing every time.

Anyone have any ideas? Please help
    Yes, I've done this about 20 times for my co-workers.

When blackra1n gets stuck on running, hold the home and power buttons together on your iphone until it turns off and then release them, at this time you will get a message saying that the jailbreak is done, but it isn't.

Next close and re-open blackra1n, click make it rain (blackra1n will say waiting on phone)

Now press and hold the home and power button together again, your phone will start to restart so you'll see the apple logo, keep holding them and the phone will go off, keep holding them until the apple logo appears the second time, as soon as the apple comes up the second time release the power button but keep holding the home button.

Your phone will finish restarting and geohot will appear as soon as he shows up you can release the home button and just wait.

Hope this helps you
    Cruel Blue World iPad Theme
    If you like my themes, please consider a donation to help me grow!
    2009-10-19 02:29 AM
    Its not geting stuck on the running screen with Blackra1n it says it has completed the jailbreak an wait for iphone to reboot - if this was the easiest crack etc etc etc. But it just does not reboot, he screen stays black.

I tried what you said in your post but same result. I entered into DFO mode while Blackra1n was running but it would not turn back on. I have to do another restore now.

What do you think?
    2009-10-19 02:48 AM
    If your screen stays black after blackra1n says the jailbreak is done, don't touch the phone. Simply close blackra1n, re launch blackra1n, and press make it ra1n again.

I had the same exact problem both times I used blackra1n to jailbreak my 3G[S]. Both times, everything went right on the second run of blackra1n.
    2009-10-19 03:33 AM
    I tried to use blackra1n and my itouch would not reboot. Does the "iTouch" have a way to turn it on?
    2009-10-20 12:23 AM
    I have the same problem gr8tful, but it seems you can't get a straight answer nowadays without having an iPhone. I would try but I don't have a backup of my 3.1.2 firmware in case anything goes wrong. If you try either of those methods, could you please post your results?
    2009-10-20 01:59 PM
    i have the exact problem blackra1n i see the picture and after its completed the iphone wont reboot and gets stuck on the blakc screen on dfu mode, i tried reseting it same prob just stays black and again goes into dfu mode straight away . i restored my iphone like more that 15 times then then treid every possbile solution but still same problem.
    2009-10-26 12:30 AM
    This is a common problem with 3GS's with iBoot-359.3.2. Don't think there is a solution yet. I have the same problem with 2 iPhones!
    2009-10-31 11:27 PM
    ok guys, here is a success story from a newbie. I just bought a 3gs and it came with 3.1 installed. I upgraded it to 3.2.1 and then ran blackrain, ABOUT 20 TIMES. I would get the usb screen, it would say it was complete, but my screen went blank and nothing happened. I would hold the power and home button until the phone turned off, turn it back on and it was like I had not done anything to the phone. So, run blackrain again.etc..LOL.. so then I finally did a complete restore, restarted my computer, and ran blackrain again...SUCCESS. Moral of this story, PATIENCE PATIENCE PATIENCE. Trust me guys, this works, it took me about 3 1/2 hours of trying but wow, what a great improvement over my 2g..
    I want to thank all the people on here who helped me and answered A LOT of my questions...talk about patience...LOL
    2009-11-01 02:27 AM
    I gave up on Blackra1n to jailbreak after 100 times of failures. However, I will try again when Blacksnow is incorporated into Ra1n in a few days.
    2009-11-01 02:59 AM
    if your screen stays black after blackra1n says the jailbreak is done, don't touch the phone. Simply close blackra1n, re launch blackra1n, and press make it ra1n again.

I had the same exact problem both times i used blackra1n to jailbreak my 3g[s]. Both times, everything went right on the second run of blackra1n.
    worked perfect! Thanks!!!!!!!!
    2010-02-22 10:03 AM
    So everytime when I would run blackra1n the screen would just turn black
    but thanks to you the geohot picture showed up. Problem is the screen just stays at geohot's face for a very long time and after it would reboot itself and then repeat the same process. Can you help me with this?
    2010-05-06 01:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD